Jan 27, 2014, 1:31 PM EDT
Adreian Payne has missed the last five games with a sprained foot, and it finally caught up to the Spartans on Saturday as they lost to Michigan in East Lansing.
On Tuesday, the Spartans head down to Iowa City to take on the Hawkeyes, and head coach Tom Izzo doesn’t expect to have Payne in the lineup for that game.
“I don’t know if it’s a couple of weeks, but he’s day-to-day,” Izzo on the Big Ten teleconference on Monday morning. “He ran yesterday a little bit more, with more weight on it, but he’s very doubtful for tomorrow. How he does Wednesday and Thursday will determine the rest of the week.” He described Payne’s status as “slim to none to none.”
Payne isn’t the only player the Spartans are missing, as Branden Dawson will be out around another four weeks with a broken hand. And it certainly doesn’t help matters that Keith Appling is dealing with nagging wrist and hip injuries, although he won’t be sitting out with Michigan State’s starting front line currently out.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)