Jan 28, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Navy is putting together one of the more creative promotions I can remember.
Any fans that show up to Wednesday’s battle between Navy and Boston University will have a chance to win free tickets to the game if they can beat Navy’s mascot, Bill the Goat, in Rock-Paper-Scissors.
Already have a ticket?
Well, if you win you’ll get a voucher for a future game.
Well, it’s Navy. This isn’t like trying to land a ticket to the Super Bowl or sneaking inside Cameron Indoor Stadium when North Carolina comes to town. I’m sure there will be reasonably priced seats available.
Jeff Eisenberg of Yahoo! Sports talked with Chris Grosse, who came up with the idea for the promotion, and the biggest obstacle they had was trying to determine whether or not Bill the Goat had hooves or hands.
Because if he had hooves, he was throwing rock every time. It would have been easy to just drop paper on him and call it a win.
- 2014 Big Ten Tournament Preview: Can Michigan State turn things around? 0
- Bracketology: Gonzaga grabs WCC title, BYU waits 0
- 2014 Pac-12 Tournament Preview: No. 4 Arizona looks to cap dominant campaign 1
- 2014 Mountain West Tournament Preview: San Diego State, New Mexico clear favorites in Las Vegas 0
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)