Jan 28, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Navy is putting together one of the more creative promotions I can remember.
Any fans that show up to Wednesday’s battle between Navy and Boston University will have a chance to win free tickets to the game if they can beat Navy’s mascot, Bill the Goat, in Rock-Paper-Scissors.
Already have a ticket?
Well, if you win you’ll get a voucher for a future game.
Well, it’s Navy. This isn’t like trying to land a ticket to the Super Bowl or sneaking inside Cameron Indoor Stadium when North Carolina comes to town. I’m sure there will be reasonably priced seats available.
Jeff Eisenberg of Yahoo! Sports talked with Chris Grosse, who came up with the idea for the promotion, and the biggest obstacle they had was trying to determine whether or not Bill the Goat had hooves or hands.
Because if he had hooves, he was throwing rock every time. It would have been easy to just drop paper on him and call it a win.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 0
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)