Jan 28, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Navy is putting together one of the more creative promotions I can remember.
Any fans that show up to Wednesday’s battle between Navy and Boston University will have a chance to win free tickets to the game if they can beat Navy’s mascot, Bill the Goat, in Rock-Paper-Scissors.
Already have a ticket?
Well, if you win you’ll get a voucher for a future game.
Well, it’s Navy. This isn’t like trying to land a ticket to the Super Bowl or sneaking inside Cameron Indoor Stadium when North Carolina comes to town. I’m sure there will be reasonably priced seats available.
Jeff Eisenberg of Yahoo! Sports talked with Chris Grosse, who came up with the idea for the promotion, and the biggest obstacle they had was trying to determine whether or not Bill the Goat had hooves or hands.
Because if he had hooves, he was throwing rock every time. It would have been easy to just drop paper on him and call it a win.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)