Jan 28, 2014, 4:43 PM EDT
Louisville has won four straight games after dropping a conference game at home against Memphis on Jan. 9. The last three wins for No. 12 Louisville have come without the services off first-year transfer point guard Chris Jones, who has been dealing with an oblique injury suffered in the Cardinals win over SMU on Jan. 12.
The Cardinals haven’t played since last Wednesday — a win over South Florida — and in that time Jones has returned to practice. The eight-day break has been a boost for Jones’ recovery, who could see a return to the floor this week, according to a report from Jeff Greer of the Courier-Journal, in time for Thursday night’s matchup with No. 13 Cincinnati, the top team in the American.
“We’d play well with Chris as well,” Pitino said after Louisville’s win over South Florida. “He’s only going to enhance our play.”
Freshman Terry Rozier has assumed the role of point guard in Jones’ absence, and has played well in the expanded role. In three wins over Houston, UConn and South Florida, he averaged 7.7 points, 4.7 assists, 4.3 rebounds and 2.3 steals. Rozier committed just two turnovers n 87 minutes.
Jones has posted averages of 11.3 points, 2.9 assists and 2.2 rebounds per game for Louisville this season.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Seventh Woods down to three schools, sets official visits (3)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (3)
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)