Jan 28, 2014, 7:02 PM EDT
— Andy McNamara (@McNamaraUO) January 27, 2014
It’s n0 secret, Nike chairman Phil Knight is a University of Oregon graduate, and a generous one at that. Over the years, he has provided the Oregon athletic department with millions of dollars in donations for athletic facilities and dozens of different uniforms.
The athletic department is giving everyone in attendance at Saturday’s game against USC a free Phil Knight bobblehead, with ‘Thank You, Uncle Phil’ written on each one.
Knight graduated from Oregon in 1959. In 2012, his decades of contributions earned him enshrinement into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, part of the same class as Reggie Miller and Ralph Sampson.
[h/t CBS Sports]
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015’s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)