Jan 28, 2014, 7:02 PM EST
— Andy McNamara (@McNamaraUO) January 27, 2014
It’s n0 secret, Nike chairman Phil Knight is a University of Oregon graduate, and a generous one at that. Over the years, he has provided the Oregon athletic department with millions of dollars in donations for athletic facilities and dozens of different uniforms.
The athletic department is giving everyone in attendance at Saturday’s game against USC a free Phil Knight bobblehead, with ‘Thank You, Uncle Phil’ written on each one.
Knight graduated from Oregon in 1959. In 2012, his decades of contributions earned him enshrinement into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, part of the same class as Reggie Miller and Ralph Sampson.
[h/t CBS Sports]
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)