Jan 28, 2014, 7:02 PM EDT
— Andy McNamara (@McNamaraUO) January 27, 2014
It’s n0 secret, Nike chairman Phil Knight is a University of Oregon graduate, and a generous one at that. Over the years, he has provided the Oregon athletic department with millions of dollars in donations for athletic facilities and dozens of different uniforms.
The athletic department is giving everyone in attendance at Saturday’s game against USC a free Phil Knight bobblehead, with ‘Thank You, Uncle Phil’ written on each one.
Knight graduated from Oregon in 1959. In 2012, his decades of contributions earned him enshrinement into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, part of the same class as Reggie Miller and Ralph Sampson.
[h/t CBS Sports]
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)