Jan 28, 2014, 12:59 PM EST
Illinois State’s front line got even smaller on Tuesday.
John Jones will be out for six weeks after breaking a bone in his foot, according to Jim Benson, who covers Illinois State for the Pantagraph.
Dan Muller said John Jones has broken foot and had surgery. Out at least 6 weeks. #isuhoops
— Jim Benson (@Pg_Benson) January 28, 2014
The Redbirds don’t have a ton of size up front, and losing Jones, who has started 13 games this season, certainly won’t help. Jones was averaging 5.9 points and 3.9 boards this season.
This isn’t the first time that Jones has found his way onto this website in the last week. He was on the wrong end of Tekele Cotton’s vicious posterization.
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 3
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)