Jan 28, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Illinois State’s front line got even smaller on Tuesday.
John Jones will be out for six weeks after breaking a bone in his foot, according to Jim Benson, who covers Illinois State for the Pantagraph.
Dan Muller said John Jones has broken foot and had surgery. Out at least 6 weeks. #isuhoops
— Jim Benson (@Pg_Benson) January 28, 2014
The Redbirds don’t have a ton of size up front, and losing Jones, who has started 13 games this season, certainly won’t help. Jones was averaging 5.9 points and 3.9 boards this season.
This isn’t the first time that Jones has found his way onto this website in the last week. He was on the wrong end of Tekele Cotton’s vicious posterization.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)