Jan 28, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Illinois State’s front line got even smaller on Tuesday.
John Jones will be out for six weeks after breaking a bone in his foot, according to Jim Benson, who covers Illinois State for the Pantagraph.
Dan Muller said John Jones has broken foot and had surgery. Out at least 6 weeks. #isuhoops
— Jim Benson (@Pg_Benson) January 28, 2014
The Redbirds don’t have a ton of size up front, and losing Jones, who has started 13 games this season, certainly won’t help. Jones was averaging 5.9 points and 3.9 boards this season.
This isn’t the first time that Jones has found his way onto this website in the last week. He was on the wrong end of Tekele Cotton’s vicious posterization.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)