Jan 28, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Illinois State’s front line got even smaller on Tuesday.
John Jones will be out for six weeks after breaking a bone in his foot, according to Jim Benson, who covers Illinois State for the Pantagraph.
Dan Muller said John Jones has broken foot and had surgery. Out at least 6 weeks. #isuhoops
— Jim Benson (@Pg_Benson) January 28, 2014
The Redbirds don’t have a ton of size up front, and losing Jones, who has started 13 games this season, certainly won’t help. Jones was averaging 5.9 points and 3.9 boards this season.
This isn’t the first time that Jones has found his way onto this website in the last week. He was on the wrong end of Tekele Cotton’s vicious posterization.
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 0
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 0
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 47
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 8
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 13
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (48)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)