Jan 28, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Illinois State’s front line got even smaller on Tuesday.
John Jones will be out for six weeks after breaking a bone in his foot, according to Jim Benson, who covers Illinois State for the Pantagraph.
Dan Muller said John Jones has broken foot and had surgery. Out at least 6 weeks. #isuhoops
— Jim Benson (@Pg_Benson) January 28, 2014
The Redbirds don’t have a ton of size up front, and losing Jones, who has started 13 games this season, certainly won’t help. Jones was averaging 5.9 points and 3.9 boards this season.
This isn’t the first time that Jones has found his way onto this website in the last week. He was on the wrong end of Tekele Cotton’s vicious posterization.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 2
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)