Jan 29, 2014, 2:03 PM EDT
Air Force left home starting point guard and leading scorer Tre Coggins at home as they departed on a road trip that will take them to Boise State and Nevada. The news was first reported by Brett Briggeman of The Gazette.
Coggins was suspended by head coach Dave Pilipovich for failing to live up to the “standards that we expect out of our cadet athletes”, although he is not kicked off the team and is expected back at practice on Monday.
“It was not an academy decision; it was a men’s basketball program decision,” Pilipovich said. “Sometimes players just have to mature and get through some things and this was for the betterment of the team right now and where we’re at.”
Coggins leads the team in minutes played and averages 17.4 points.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)