Jan 29, 2014, 2:03 PM EST
Air Force left home starting point guard and leading scorer Tre Coggins at home as they departed on a road trip that will take them to Boise State and Nevada. The news was first reported by Brett Briggeman of The Gazette.
Coggins was suspended by head coach Dave Pilipovich for failing to live up to the “standards that we expect out of our cadet athletes”, although he is not kicked off the team and is expected back at practice on Monday.
“It was not an academy decision; it was a men’s basketball program decision,” Pilipovich said. “Sometimes players just have to mature and get through some things and this was for the betterment of the team right now and where we’re at.”
Coggins leads the team in minutes played and averages 17.4 points.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)