Jan 29, 2014, 9:47 AM EST
Auburn and Alabama weren’t the only teams that had their schedule affected by the storm that “pummeled” the south with two or three inches of snow.
North Carolina flew into Atlanta Tuesday night for their Wednesday night game against Georgia Tech, but thanks to the gridlock on Atlanta highways, they couldn’t get a bus from the airport to their hotel.
The team was stranded for a while before they finally found a way to get a couple of vans to take them to the MARTA, Atlanta’s subway system. They got in at 1:45 a.m.
The weather and delay took its toll on Marcus Paige, but former Tar Heel and current UAB coach Bobby Frasor had his own thoughts on the matter:
@marcuspaige5 back when I played, Tyler Hansbrough would have plowed the streets and towed the bus to the hotel.
— Bobby Frasor (@BFrasor) January 29, 2014
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 0
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)