Jan 29, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
Auburn and Alabama weren’t the only teams that had their schedule affected by the storm that “pummeled” the south with two or three inches of snow.
North Carolina flew into Atlanta Tuesday night for their Wednesday night game against Georgia Tech, but thanks to the gridlock on Atlanta highways, they couldn’t get a bus from the airport to their hotel.
The team was stranded for a while before they finally found a way to get a couple of vans to take them to the MARTA, Atlanta’s subway system. They got in at 1:45 a.m.
The weather and delay took its toll on Marcus Paige, but former Tar Heel and current UAB coach Bobby Frasor had his own thoughts on the matter:
@marcuspaige5 back when I played, Tyler Hansbrough would have plowed the streets and towed the bus to the hotel.
— Bobby Frasor (@BFrasor) January 29, 2014
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1