Jan 29, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
Auburn and Alabama weren’t the only teams that had their schedule affected by the storm that “pummeled” the south with two or three inches of snow.
North Carolina flew into Atlanta Tuesday night for their Wednesday night game against Georgia Tech, but thanks to the gridlock on Atlanta highways, they couldn’t get a bus from the airport to their hotel.
The team was stranded for a while before they finally found a way to get a couple of vans to take them to the MARTA, Atlanta’s subway system. They got in at 1:45 a.m.
The weather and delay took its toll on Marcus Paige, but former Tar Heel and current UAB coach Bobby Frasor had his own thoughts on the matter:
@marcuspaige5 back when I played, Tyler Hansbrough would have plowed the streets and towed the bus to the hotel.
— Bobby Frasor (@BFrasor) January 29, 2014
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)