Jan 29, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
Auburn and Alabama weren’t the only teams that had their schedule affected by the storm that “pummeled” the south with two or three inches of snow.
North Carolina flew into Atlanta Tuesday night for their Wednesday night game against Georgia Tech, but thanks to the gridlock on Atlanta highways, they couldn’t get a bus from the airport to their hotel.
The team was stranded for a while before they finally found a way to get a couple of vans to take them to the MARTA, Atlanta’s subway system. They got in at 1:45 a.m.
The weather and delay took its toll on Marcus Paige, but former Tar Heel and current UAB coach Bobby Frasor had his own thoughts on the matter:
@marcuspaige5 back when I played, Tyler Hansbrough would have plowed the streets and towed the bus to the hotel.
— Bobby Frasor (@BFrasor) January 29, 2014
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 1
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)