Jan 29, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
Auburn and Alabama weren’t the only teams that had their schedule affected by the storm that “pummeled” the south with two or three inches of snow.
North Carolina flew into Atlanta Tuesday night for their Wednesday night game against Georgia Tech, but thanks to the gridlock on Atlanta highways, they couldn’t get a bus from the airport to their hotel.
The team was stranded for a while before they finally found a way to get a couple of vans to take them to the MARTA, Atlanta’s subway system. They got in at 1:45 a.m.
The weather and delay took its toll on Marcus Paige, but former Tar Heel and current UAB coach Bobby Frasor had his own thoughts on the matter:
@marcuspaige5 back when I played, Tyler Hansbrough would have plowed the streets and towed the bus to the hotel.
— Bobby Frasor (@BFrasor) January 29, 2014
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 5
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)