Jan 29, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Alabama’s visit to Auburn for the hoops version of the Iron Bowl has been postponed from Wednesday evening to Thursday evening.
“After consulting with the Southeastern Conference it has been determined that the men’s basketball game between Auburn University and the University of Alabama has been postponed until Thursday due to wintery weather across the state of Alabama,” Auburn said in a statement released Tuesday night. “The safety of the participating teams, staff and fans was considered in postponing the game.”
The game will tip off 25 minutes after the Auburn women finish playing Texas A&M. That game will tip off at 5 p.m. Any tickets for Wednesday’s game will be good for Thursday’s game. Tickets to the men’s game will also get you admission into the women’s game.
The cause for the postponement?
A couple of inches of snow the south got last night.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)