Jan 29, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Alabama’s visit to Auburn for the hoops version of the Iron Bowl has been postponed from Wednesday evening to Thursday evening.
“After consulting with the Southeastern Conference it has been determined that the men’s basketball game between Auburn University and the University of Alabama has been postponed until Thursday due to wintery weather across the state of Alabama,” Auburn said in a statement released Tuesday night. “The safety of the participating teams, staff and fans was considered in postponing the game.”
The game will tip off 25 minutes after the Auburn women finish playing Texas A&M. That game will tip off at 5 p.m. Any tickets for Wednesday’s game will be good for Thursday’s game. Tickets to the men’s game will also get you admission into the women’s game.
The cause for the postponement?
A couple of inches of snow the south got last night.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)