Jan 29, 2014, 9:13 AM EST
Alabama’s visit to Auburn for the hoops version of the Iron Bowl has been postponed from Wednesday evening to Thursday evening.
“After consulting with the Southeastern Conference it has been determined that the men’s basketball game between Auburn University and the University of Alabama has been postponed until Thursday due to wintery weather across the state of Alabama,” Auburn said in a statement released Tuesday night. “The safety of the participating teams, staff and fans was considered in postponing the game.”
The game will tip off 25 minutes after the Auburn women finish playing Texas A&M. That game will tip off at 5 p.m. Any tickets for Wednesday’s game will be good for Thursday’s game. Tickets to the men’s game will also get you admission into the women’s game.
The cause for the postponement?
A couple of inches of snow the south got last night.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)