Jan 29, 2014, 9:13 AM EST
Alabama’s visit to Auburn for the hoops version of the Iron Bowl has been postponed from Wednesday evening to Thursday evening.
“After consulting with the Southeastern Conference it has been determined that the men’s basketball game between Auburn University and the University of Alabama has been postponed until Thursday due to wintery weather across the state of Alabama,” Auburn said in a statement released Tuesday night. “The safety of the participating teams, staff and fans was considered in postponing the game.”
The game will tip off 25 minutes after the Auburn women finish playing Texas A&M. That game will tip off at 5 p.m. Any tickets for Wednesday’s game will be good for Thursday’s game. Tickets to the men’s game will also get you admission into the women’s game.
The cause for the postponement?
A couple of inches of snow the south got last night.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)