Jan 29, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Alabama’s visit to Auburn for the hoops version of the Iron Bowl has been postponed from Wednesday evening to Thursday evening.
“After consulting with the Southeastern Conference it has been determined that the men’s basketball game between Auburn University and the University of Alabama has been postponed until Thursday due to wintery weather across the state of Alabama,” Auburn said in a statement released Tuesday night. “The safety of the participating teams, staff and fans was considered in postponing the game.”
The game will tip off 25 minutes after the Auburn women finish playing Texas A&M. That game will tip off at 5 p.m. Any tickets for Wednesday’s game will be good for Thursday’s game. Tickets to the men’s game will also get you admission into the women’s game.
The cause for the postponement?
A couple of inches of snow the south got last night.
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 1
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was (5)