Jan 29, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
On Wednesday afternoon, Delaware announced the suspension of Jarvis Threat and Marvin King-Davis for separate, unrelated violations of Athletics Department policies. The suspensions will keep them out through February, if not longer.
“This athletics department has very high and very clear expectations of our student-athletes,” Delaware Director of Athletics and Recreation Services Eric Ziady said in a release. “When these expectations are not met there will be certain and consistent consequences. Our student-athletes will take ownership of the decisions they make both on and off the court.”
Threatt was averaging 17.9 points, 5.4 assists and 2.3 steals for the Blue Hens, who are 14-7 on the season and 6-0 in CAA play. King-Davis has started 19 games and is averaging 5.8 points and 4.4 boards.
Delaware has looked like the best team in the CAA through three weeks of league play, having bounced back from a month-long suspension to starting guard Devon Saddler earlier this year. But losing two starters for a month during the stretch-run of the season will be a killer.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)