Jan 29, 2014, 12:53 PM EST
On Wednesday afternoon, Delaware announced the suspension of Jarvis Threat and Marvin King-Davis for separate, unrelated violations of Athletics Department policies. The suspensions will keep them out through February, if not longer.
“This athletics department has very high and very clear expectations of our student-athletes,” Delaware Director of Athletics and Recreation Services Eric Ziady said in a release. “When these expectations are not met there will be certain and consistent consequences. Our student-athletes will take ownership of the decisions they make both on and off the court.”
Threatt was averaging 17.9 points, 5.4 assists and 2.3 steals for the Blue Hens, who are 14-7 on the season and 6-0 in CAA play. King-Davis has started 19 games and is averaging 5.8 points and 4.4 boards.
Delaware has looked like the best team in the CAA through three weeks of league play, having bounced back from a month-long suspension to starting guard Devon Saddler earlier this year. But losing two starters for a month during the stretch-run of the season will be a killer.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)