Jan 29, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
On Wednesday afternoon, Delaware announced the suspension of Jarvis Threat and Marvin King-Davis for separate, unrelated violations of Athletics Department policies. The suspensions will keep them out through February, if not longer.
“This athletics department has very high and very clear expectations of our student-athletes,” Delaware Director of Athletics and Recreation Services Eric Ziady said in a release. “When these expectations are not met there will be certain and consistent consequences. Our student-athletes will take ownership of the decisions they make both on and off the court.”
Threatt was averaging 17.9 points, 5.4 assists and 2.3 steals for the Blue Hens, who are 14-7 on the season and 6-0 in CAA play. King-Davis has started 19 games and is averaging 5.8 points and 4.4 boards.
Delaware has looked like the best team in the CAA through three weeks of league play, having bounced back from a month-long suspension to starting guard Devon Saddler earlier this year. But losing two starters for a month during the stretch-run of the season will be a killer.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)