Jan 29, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
On Wednesday afternoon, Delaware announced the suspension of Jarvis Threat and Marvin King-Davis for separate, unrelated violations of Athletics Department policies. The suspensions will keep them out through February, if not longer.
“This athletics department has very high and very clear expectations of our student-athletes,” Delaware Director of Athletics and Recreation Services Eric Ziady said in a release. “When these expectations are not met there will be certain and consistent consequences. Our student-athletes will take ownership of the decisions they make both on and off the court.”
Threatt was averaging 17.9 points, 5.4 assists and 2.3 steals for the Blue Hens, who are 14-7 on the season and 6-0 in CAA play. King-Davis has started 19 games and is averaging 5.8 points and 4.4 boards.
Delaware has looked like the best team in the CAA through three weeks of league play, having bounced back from a month-long suspension to starting guard Devon Saddler earlier this year. But losing two starters for a month during the stretch-run of the season will be a killer.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)