Jan 29, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
On Wednesday afternoon, Delaware announced the suspension of Jarvis Threat and Marvin King-Davis for separate, unrelated violations of Athletics Department policies. The suspensions will keep them out through February, if not longer.
“This athletics department has very high and very clear expectations of our student-athletes,” Delaware Director of Athletics and Recreation Services Eric Ziady said in a release. “When these expectations are not met there will be certain and consistent consequences. Our student-athletes will take ownership of the decisions they make both on and off the court.”
Threatt was averaging 17.9 points, 5.4 assists and 2.3 steals for the Blue Hens, who are 14-7 on the season and 6-0 in CAA play. King-Davis has started 19 games and is averaging 5.8 points and 4.4 boards.
Delaware has looked like the best team in the CAA through three weeks of league play, having bounced back from a month-long suspension to starting guard Devon Saddler earlier this year. But losing two starters for a month during the stretch-run of the season will be a killer.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)