Jan 29, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
On Friday, Robert Morris announced that four players, including freshmen Jeremiah Worthem and Britton Lee, would be suspended indefinitely for violations of university rules.
The school wouldn’t specify the nature of the violations, but on Wednesday, they did go into detail regarding the length of the suspensions: one year.
“No criminal charges will be filed in this matter. Out of respect for these young men’s privacy, we will not be disclosing further details,” school spokesman Jonathan Potts told the Post-Gazette today. “As RMU Athletic Director Craig Coleman stated last week, we trust that these young men have learned from their mistake and will become better individuals as a result.”
Worthem had been averaging 8.9 points and 4.1 boards this season. Lee had played in four games. Two other members of the team, Evan Grey and Shaire Tolson-Ford, are walk-ons.
It doesn’t help that two other members of the program — Mike McFadden and Desjuan Newtown — have recently been absent as they reportedly are deciding whether or not to remain with the team.
Despite all the roster attrition, the Colonials are currently 6-0 in the NEC.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)