Jan 29, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
On Friday, Robert Morris announced that four players, including freshmen Jeremiah Worthem and Britton Lee, would be suspended indefinitely for violations of university rules.
The school wouldn’t specify the nature of the violations, but on Wednesday, they did go into detail regarding the length of the suspensions: one year.
“No criminal charges will be filed in this matter. Out of respect for these young men’s privacy, we will not be disclosing further details,” school spokesman Jonathan Potts told the Post-Gazette today. “As RMU Athletic Director Craig Coleman stated last week, we trust that these young men have learned from their mistake and will become better individuals as a result.”
Worthem had been averaging 8.9 points and 4.1 boards this season. Lee had played in four games. Two other members of the team, Evan Grey and Shaire Tolson-Ford, are walk-ons.
It doesn’t help that two other members of the program — Mike McFadden and Desjuan Newtown — have recently been absent as they reportedly are deciding whether or not to remain with the team.
Despite all the roster attrition, the Colonials are currently 6-0 in the NEC.
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- New Mexico’s Craig Neal cuts hair for ‘Locks of Love’ (VIDEO) 0
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)