Jan 29, 2014, 10:07 PM EDT
Oregon head coach Dana Altman revealed some potentially significant news on Wednesday afternoon.
Johnathan Loyd, who has been the starting point guard for the Ducks for the majority of the season, broke his nose on Tuesday during a rebounding drill.
“He caught an elbow and it was just an accident, so he missed practice yesterday,” Altman told Matt Prehm of Duck Territory.
What’s concerning is what Altman didn’t tell Prehm: that Loyd had to undergo surgery:
Surgery was a success.. I'm feelin good
— j loyd (@youngloyd24) January 30, 2014
The Ducks play UCLA on Thursday night in what has turned into a very, very important game for them.
If Loyd had surgery, it’s tough to imagine him playing a day later.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)