Jan 29, 2014, 10:07 PM EDT
Oregon head coach Dana Altman revealed some potentially significant news on Wednesday afternoon.
Johnathan Loyd, who has been the starting point guard for the Ducks for the majority of the season, broke his nose on Tuesday during a rebounding drill.
“He caught an elbow and it was just an accident, so he missed practice yesterday,” Altman told Matt Prehm of Duck Territory.
What’s concerning is what Altman didn’t tell Prehm: that Loyd had to undergo surgery:
Surgery was a success.. I'm feelin good
— j loyd (@youngloyd24) January 30, 2014
The Ducks play UCLA on Thursday night in what has turned into a very, very important game for them.
If Loyd had surgery, it’s tough to imagine him playing a day later.
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)