Jan 29, 2014, 7:37 PM EST
Last night’s Michigan State/Iowa game proved to be one of the more entertaining contests played to this point in the season, with the 7th-ranked Spartans needing overtime to beat the 15th-ranked Hawkeyes in Iowa City. And given the fact that both teams entered the game ranked in the Top 15, obviously most college basketball fans would want to tune in.
That was the case for President Barack Obama, well-known by this point as an avid fan of the game. Unfortunately for him, staffers had other ideas as to how the President would use his time ahead of giving his State of the Union address.
Hopefully the President has DVR (and remembered to record the game), because he missed a good one. And if anything he would have missed overtime anyway, so maybe the staffers did him a favor by dissuading him from watching the Spartans and Hawkeyes to begin with.
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 0
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)