Jan 29, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
Last night’s Michigan State/Iowa game proved to be one of the more entertaining contests played to this point in the season, with the 7th-ranked Spartans needing overtime to beat the 15th-ranked Hawkeyes in Iowa City. And given the fact that both teams entered the game ranked in the Top 15, obviously most college basketball fans would want to tune in.
That was the case for President Barack Obama, well-known by this point as an avid fan of the game. Unfortunately for him, staffers had other ideas as to how the President would use his time ahead of giving his State of the Union address.
Hopefully the President has DVR (and remembered to record the game), because he missed a good one. And if anything he would have missed overtime anyway, so maybe the staffers did him a favor by dissuading him from watching the Spartans and Hawkeyes to begin with.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)
- Notre Dame freshman Rex Pflueger throws down some impressive dunks (VIDEO) (1)