Jan 29, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
Last night’s Michigan State/Iowa game proved to be one of the more entertaining contests played to this point in the season, with the 7th-ranked Spartans needing overtime to beat the 15th-ranked Hawkeyes in Iowa City. And given the fact that both teams entered the game ranked in the Top 15, obviously most college basketball fans would want to tune in.
That was the case for President Barack Obama, well-known by this point as an avid fan of the game. Unfortunately for him, staffers had other ideas as to how the President would use his time ahead of giving his State of the Union address.
Hopefully the President has DVR (and remembered to record the game), because he missed a good one. And if anything he would have missed overtime anyway, so maybe the staffers did him a favor by dissuading him from watching the Spartans and Hawkeyes to begin with.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)