Jan 29, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
Last night’s Michigan State/Iowa game proved to be one of the more entertaining contests played to this point in the season, with the 7th-ranked Spartans needing overtime to beat the 15th-ranked Hawkeyes in Iowa City. And given the fact that both teams entered the game ranked in the Top 15, obviously most college basketball fans would want to tune in.
That was the case for President Barack Obama, well-known by this point as an avid fan of the game. Unfortunately for him, staffers had other ideas as to how the President would use his time ahead of giving his State of the Union address.
Hopefully the President has DVR (and remembered to record the game), because he missed a good one. And if anything he would have missed overtime anyway, so maybe the staffers did him a favor by dissuading him from watching the Spartans and Hawkeyes to begin with.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)