Jan 29, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
Last night’s Michigan State/Iowa game proved to be one of the more entertaining contests played to this point in the season, with the 7th-ranked Spartans needing overtime to beat the 15th-ranked Hawkeyes in Iowa City. And given the fact that both teams entered the game ranked in the Top 15, obviously most college basketball fans would want to tune in.
That was the case for President Barack Obama, well-known by this point as an avid fan of the game. Unfortunately for him, staffers had other ideas as to how the President would use his time ahead of giving his State of the Union address.
Hopefully the President has DVR (and remembered to record the game), because he missed a good one. And if anything he would have missed overtime anyway, so maybe the staffers did him a favor by dissuading him from watching the Spartans and Hawkeyes to begin with.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)