Jan 30, 2014, 10:08 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After finishing the 2012-13 season with an 8-8 record in MEAC play, Delaware State was picked by the coaches to finish seventh in the 13-team league. Unfortunately for the Hornets things haven’t worked out to this point in the season, as they’re 0-6 in conference play and 4-15 overall.
With this being the case the administration has decided to make a change, with the school firing head coach Greg Jackson.
Jackson, who leaves the school with a record of 200-216 in 14 seasons at the helm, will be replaced on an interim basis by assistant coach Keith Carter. Jackson ends his tenure at Delaware State just one win away from tying the school’s all-time wins mark.
Jackson led Delaware State to three MEAC regular season titles and a MEAC tournament title in 2005, resulting in the program’s first NCAA tournament appearance.
Since beating Gardner-Webb and Campbell in consecutive games to start the 2014 portion of the schedule Delaware State has lost five straight games, most recently losing to NJIT this past Monday night. The Hornets’ next two games are on the road, as they visit Morgan State on Saturday and Coppin State Monday night.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)