Jan 30, 2014, 10:08 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After finishing the 2012-13 season with an 8-8 record in MEAC play, Delaware State was picked by the coaches to finish seventh in the 13-team league. Unfortunately for the Hornets things haven’t worked out to this point in the season, as they’re 0-6 in conference play and 4-15 overall.
With this being the case the administration has decided to make a change, with the school firing head coach Greg Jackson.
Jackson, who leaves the school with a record of 200-216 in 14 seasons at the helm, will be replaced on an interim basis by assistant coach Keith Carter. Jackson ends his tenure at Delaware State just one win away from tying the school’s all-time wins mark.
Jackson led Delaware State to three MEAC regular season titles and a MEAC tournament title in 2005, resulting in the program’s first NCAA tournament appearance.
Since beating Gardner-Webb and Campbell in consecutive games to start the 2014 portion of the schedule Delaware State has lost five straight games, most recently losing to NJIT this past Monday night. The Hornets’ next two games are on the road, as they visit Morgan State on Saturday and Coppin State Monday night.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)