Jan 30, 2014, 10:08 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After finishing the 2012-13 season with an 8-8 record in MEAC play, Delaware State was picked by the coaches to finish seventh in the 13-team league. Unfortunately for the Hornets things haven’t worked out to this point in the season, as they’re 0-6 in conference play and 4-15 overall.
With this being the case the administration has decided to make a change, with the school firing head coach Greg Jackson.
Jackson, who leaves the school with a record of 200-216 in 14 seasons at the helm, will be replaced on an interim basis by assistant coach Keith Carter. Jackson ends his tenure at Delaware State just one win away from tying the school’s all-time wins mark.
Jackson led Delaware State to three MEAC regular season titles and a MEAC tournament title in 2005, resulting in the program’s first NCAA tournament appearance.
Since beating Gardner-Webb and Campbell in consecutive games to start the 2014 portion of the schedule Delaware State has lost five straight games, most recently losing to NJIT this past Monday night. The Hornets’ next two games are on the road, as they visit Morgan State on Saturday and Coppin State Monday night.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)