Jan 30, 2014, 10:07 AM EDT
No. 13 Cincinnati will make the trek down to the Yum! Center to take on No. 12 Louisville tonight, and they’ll be doing it at full strength.
Justin Jackson, the Bearcat center and the anchor of one of the best defenses in the country, will start tonight. He rolled his ankle and managed all of six minutes in the win over Temple on Sunday and there were concerns that he would not be able to play.
As it turns out, Thursday night’s matchup will be one of the most important of the season in the American.
Cincinnati has been the best team in the league to date this season, but Louisville entered the year as the favorite to win the league. Over the course of the last two weeks, the Cardinals have appeared to have finally hit their stride.
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 0
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 5
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)