Jan 31, 2014, 5:25 PM EST
Former Georgetown forward Greg Whittington, who was dismissed from the Hoya program earlier this season in November, will not be enrolling at Rutgers as planned, according to Brendan Prunty of The Star Ledger.
Whittington wouldn’t have been eligible to play for the Scarlet Knights this season but, assuming he successfully enrolled at the university for the spring semester, would have been eligible for the 2014-15 season — Rutgers’ first in the Big Ten.
According to Prunty:
A team spokesman said that because Whittington was never officially enrolled and not a member of the university’s student-body or the team, no comment would be given on his decision not to join the school. However, with Rutgers’ 5 p.m. deadline to add/drop classes passing and Whittington not having enrolled, he will no longer be able to take classes this semester at the university.
As a sophomore in 2012-13, Whittington averaged 12.1 points and 7.0 rebounds in 35.2 minutes per game.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)