Jan 31, 2014, 5:25 PM EST
Former Georgetown forward Greg Whittington, who was dismissed from the Hoya program earlier this season in November, will not be enrolling at Rutgers as planned, according to Brendan Prunty of The Star Ledger.
Whittington wouldn’t have been eligible to play for the Scarlet Knights this season but, assuming he successfully enrolled at the university for the spring semester, would have been eligible for the 2014-15 season — Rutgers’ first in the Big Ten.
According to Prunty:
A team spokesman said that because Whittington was never officially enrolled and not a member of the university’s student-body or the team, no comment would be given on his decision not to join the school. However, with Rutgers’ 5 p.m. deadline to add/drop classes passing and Whittington not having enrolled, he will no longer be able to take classes this semester at the university.
As a sophomore in 2012-13, Whittington averaged 12.1 points and 7.0 rebounds in 35.2 minutes per game.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)