Jan 31, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Former Georgetown forward Greg Whittington, who was dismissed from the Hoya program earlier this season in November, will not be enrolling at Rutgers as planned, according to Brendan Prunty of The Star Ledger.
Whittington wouldn’t have been eligible to play for the Scarlet Knights this season but, assuming he successfully enrolled at the university for the spring semester, would have been eligible for the 2014-15 season — Rutgers’ first in the Big Ten.
According to Prunty:
A team spokesman said that because Whittington was never officially enrolled and not a member of the university’s student-body or the team, no comment would be given on his decision not to join the school. However, with Rutgers’ 5 p.m. deadline to add/drop classes passing and Whittington not having enrolled, he will no longer be able to take classes this semester at the university.
As a sophomore in 2012-13, Whittington averaged 12.1 points and 7.0 rebounds in 35.2 minutes per game.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)