Jan 31, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
Murray State beat Austin Peay in a wild game, 96-88, to improve to 8-1 in the Ohio Valley Conference.
What most people will remember from the game, however, is Austin Peay’s Demarius Smith taking off in flight going down the lane.
With Austin Peay trailing 76-74 late in the second half, Smith threw down this monstrous dunk over T.J. Sapp and then hit the and-one free throw to temporarily give the Governors a one point lead.
Smith can relish in the fact that he had one of the best dunks of the season, but the Racers would get the last laugh.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)