Jan 31, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
Murray State beat Austin Peay in a wild game, 96-88, to improve to 8-1 in the Ohio Valley Conference.
What most people will remember from the game, however, is Austin Peay’s Demarius Smith taking off in flight going down the lane.
With Austin Peay trailing 76-74 late in the second half, Smith threw down this monstrous dunk over T.J. Sapp and then hit the and-one free throw to temporarily give the Governors a one point lead.
Smith can relish in the fact that he had one of the best dunks of the season, but the Racers would get the last laugh.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (71)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)