Jan 31, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
How much do the folks in the state of Kentucky like their college basketball? A whole lot.
According to Nielsen, more than 50% of the population in the Bluegrass State has “watched, attended or listened” to both the Kentucky and Louisville basketball programs in the past 12 months.
Kentucky checking in at 67% is downright scary. They’re called Big Blue Nation for a reason, right?
Syracuse, Ohio State, and Memphis rounded out the top five.
IMG College’s Andrew Giangola tweeted the report from Nielsen:
This weekend, however, it is Syracuse that will be the focal point of the college basketball world as they host Duke.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)