Jan 31, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
How much do the folks in the state of Kentucky like their college basketball? A whole lot.
According to Nielsen, more than 50% of the population in the Bluegrass State has “watched, attended or listened” to both the Kentucky and Louisville basketball programs in the past 12 months.
Kentucky checking in at 67% is downright scary. They’re called Big Blue Nation for a reason, right?
Syracuse, Ohio State, and Memphis rounded out the top five.
IMG College’s Andrew Giangola tweeted the report from Nielsen:
This weekend, however, it is Syracuse that will be the focal point of the college basketball world as they host Duke.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)