Jan 31, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
How much do the folks in the state of Kentucky like their college basketball? A whole lot.
According to Nielsen, more than 50% of the population in the Bluegrass State has “watched, attended or listened” to both the Kentucky and Louisville basketball programs in the past 12 months.
Kentucky checking in at 67% is downright scary. They’re called Big Blue Nation for a reason, right?
Syracuse, Ohio State, and Memphis rounded out the top five.
IMG College’s Andrew Giangola tweeted the report from Nielsen:
This weekend, however, it is Syracuse that will be the focal point of the college basketball world as they host Duke.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)