Jan 31, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
How much do the folks in the state of Kentucky like their college basketball? A whole lot.
According to Nielsen, more than 50% of the population in the Bluegrass State has “watched, attended or listened” to both the Kentucky and Louisville basketball programs in the past 12 months.
Kentucky checking in at 67% is downright scary. They’re called Big Blue Nation for a reason, right?
Syracuse, Ohio State, and Memphis rounded out the top five.
IMG College’s Andrew Giangola tweeted the report from Nielsen:
This weekend, however, it is Syracuse that will be the focal point of the college basketball world as they host Duke.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)