Jan 31, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
How much do the folks in the state of Kentucky like their college basketball? A whole lot.
According to Nielsen, more than 50% of the population in the Bluegrass State has “watched, attended or listened” to both the Kentucky and Louisville basketball programs in the past 12 months.
Kentucky checking in at 67% is downright scary. They’re called Big Blue Nation for a reason, right?
Syracuse, Ohio State, and Memphis rounded out the top five.
IMG College’s Andrew Giangola tweeted the report from Nielsen:
This weekend, however, it is Syracuse that will be the focal point of the college basketball world as they host Duke.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)