Jan 31, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
They almost didn’t make it.
After losing to Old Dominion in the CAA tournament and sitting at 23-11, it looked like Virginia Commonwealth would be on the outside looking in of the 2011 NCAA Tournament.
Many of the college basketball pundits didn’t give them a shot of attaining an at-large bid. The Rams, who were one of the final teams to make the field of 68, were relegated to the First Four in Dayton. They soundly beat USC in Dayton on Wednesday, then headed off to the United Center in Chicago to take on the No. 6 seed Georgetown.
The rest, as they say, is history.
“Unbelievable is Believable Here” is a documentary written and directed by Philip Wall, which chronicles VCU’s magical run in the 2011 NCAA Tournament.
From the film’s website:
An official selection of the 2014 Richmond International Film Festival, this feature documentary (94 minutes) follows the journey of the 2010 – 2011 VCU Rams’ basketball team through their historic and improbable NCAA Tournament run. Featuring behind the scenes footage and exclusive interviews, this feature-length documentary takes an in-depth look at the team and their trip to the Final Four.
This film has not yet been released. For those who fell in love with that Ram team — every college basketball fan should raise their hand because we all did — this film looks like a must see. Below is the official trailer.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)