Feb 1, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Notre Dame and Boston College squared off in a battle between two of the most disappointing teams in the country this season.
And it turned into a thriller.
Notre Dame forced overtime after Olivier Hanlan fouled Eric Atkins, who hit one-of-two free throws at the end of regulation. The two were squared off again at the end of overtime, and the result was Atkins shredding Hanlan’s ankles and drilling a pull-up three for the win.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)