Feb 1, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Notre Dame and Boston College squared off in a battle between two of the most disappointing teams in the country this season.
And it turned into a thriller.
Notre Dame forced overtime after Olivier Hanlan fouled Eric Atkins, who hit one-of-two free throws at the end of regulation. The two were squared off again at the end of overtime, and the result was Atkins shredding Hanlan’s ankles and drilling a pull-up three for the win.
- Gregg Marshall to remain at Wichita State, won’t visit Alabama 0
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 5
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)