Feb 1, 2014, 11:37 PM EDT
Conference play hasn’t been as enjoyable for Rob Senderoff’s Kent State Golden Flashes as they would have hoped, with Kent State entering Saturday’s game against rival Akron with a 2-5 record in MAC play. Akron, on the other hand, entered the game in sole possession of first place in the MAC East and looked to remain in that position with a victory.
Given their status as rivals it was fitting that the game came down to one shot. That shot? Kent State senior forward Darren Goodson banking in a three-pointer with 1.6 seconds remaining to give the Golden Flashes the 60-57 victory. Goodson scored Kent State’s final eight points of the game, scoring a team-high 12 points as the Golden Flashes moved to 3-5 in MAC East play.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)