Feb 1, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
George Mason gave Saint Louis everything they could handle on Saturday afternoon, but the No. 19 Billikens were too much down the stretch.
Rob Loe hit a three to tie the game at 68 with 20 seconds left to force overtime and then scored eight of the first ten points in the extra frame as Saint Louis pulled away, winning 87-81.
Loe finished with 23 points, leading five players in double figures as the Billikens improved to 20-2 on the season and 7-0 in Atlantic 10 play. George Mason has been competitive all season long, but they once again lost a nail-biter against a top team in the conference. They’re 0-7 in A-10 play this year.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)