Feb 1, 2014, 6:29 PM EST
George Mason gave Saint Louis everything they could handle on Saturday afternoon, but the No. 19 Billikens were too much down the stretch.
Rob Loe hit a three to tie the game at 68 with 20 seconds left to force overtime and then scored eight of the first ten points in the extra frame as Saint Louis pulled away, winning 87-81.
Loe finished with 23 points, leading five players in double figures as the Billikens improved to 20-2 on the season and 7-0 in Atlantic 10 play. George Mason has been competitive all season long, but they once again lost a nail-biter against a top team in the conference. They’re 0-7 in A-10 play this year.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 4
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)