Feb 1, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
George Mason gave Saint Louis everything they could handle on Saturday afternoon, but the No. 19 Billikens were too much down the stretch.
Rob Loe hit a three to tie the game at 68 with 20 seconds left to force overtime and then scored eight of the first ten points in the extra frame as Saint Louis pulled away, winning 87-81.
Loe finished with 23 points, leading five players in double figures as the Billikens improved to 20-2 on the season and 7-0 in Atlantic 10 play. George Mason has been competitive all season long, but they once again lost a nail-biter against a top team in the conference. They’re 0-7 in A-10 play this year.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)