Feb 1, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
George Mason gave Saint Louis everything they could handle on Saturday afternoon, but the No. 19 Billikens were too much down the stretch.
Rob Loe hit a three to tie the game at 68 with 20 seconds left to force overtime and then scored eight of the first ten points in the extra frame as Saint Louis pulled away, winning 87-81.
Loe finished with 23 points, leading five players in double figures as the Billikens improved to 20-2 on the season and 7-0 in Atlantic 10 play. George Mason has been competitive all season long, but they once again lost a nail-biter against a top team in the conference. They’re 0-7 in A-10 play this year.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)