Feb 1, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
George Mason gave Saint Louis everything they could handle on Saturday afternoon, but the No. 19 Billikens were too much down the stretch.
Rob Loe hit a three to tie the game at 68 with 20 seconds left to force overtime and then scored eight of the first ten points in the extra frame as Saint Louis pulled away, winning 87-81.
Loe finished with 23 points, leading five players in double figures as the Billikens improved to 20-2 on the season and 7-0 in Atlantic 10 play. George Mason has been competitive all season long, but they once again lost a nail-biter against a top team in the conference. They’re 0-7 in A-10 play this year.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)