Feb 2, 2014, 7:58 PM EDT
In their first game after beating No. 6 Kansas 81-69 on Saturday afternoon, No. 25 Texas will be without a key player when they face TCU on Tuesday night.
Sophomore guard Javan Felix, the team’s third-leading scorer, will miss the game after suffering a concussion in Saturday’s victory. Felix, averaging 12.0 points and 3.0 assists per game, played just 18 minutes against Kansas and finished with nine points on 1-for-6 shooting.
That was the second consecutive game in which Felix struggled offensively, as he shot 2-for-8 in Texas’ win at Baylor. However, in the four games prior Felix averaged 17.8 points per game, a stretch capped by his 23-point outing in Texas’ 67-64 win over Kansas State.
With Felix unable to go, players such as Demarcus Croaker, Martez Walker and Kendall Yancy will have the opportunity to earn more minutes. Croaker played 14 minutes on Saturday, accounting for three points and two rebounds, while Yancy played four minutes and Walker just three.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)