Feb 2, 2014, 7:58 PM EDT
In their first game after beating No. 6 Kansas 81-69 on Saturday afternoon, No. 25 Texas will be without a key player when they face TCU on Tuesday night.
Sophomore guard Javan Felix, the team’s third-leading scorer, will miss the game after suffering a concussion in Saturday’s victory. Felix, averaging 12.0 points and 3.0 assists per game, played just 18 minutes against Kansas and finished with nine points on 1-for-6 shooting.
That was the second consecutive game in which Felix struggled offensively, as he shot 2-for-8 in Texas’ win at Baylor. However, in the four games prior Felix averaged 17.8 points per game, a stretch capped by his 23-point outing in Texas’ 67-64 win over Kansas State.
With Felix unable to go, players such as Demarcus Croaker, Martez Walker and Kendall Yancy will have the opportunity to earn more minutes. Croaker played 14 minutes on Saturday, accounting for three points and two rebounds, while Yancy played four minutes and Walker just three.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)