Feb 2, 2014, 7:58 PM EDT
In their first game after beating No. 6 Kansas 81-69 on Saturday afternoon, No. 25 Texas will be without a key player when they face TCU on Tuesday night.
Sophomore guard Javan Felix, the team’s third-leading scorer, will miss the game after suffering a concussion in Saturday’s victory. Felix, averaging 12.0 points and 3.0 assists per game, played just 18 minutes against Kansas and finished with nine points on 1-for-6 shooting.
That was the second consecutive game in which Felix struggled offensively, as he shot 2-for-8 in Texas’ win at Baylor. However, in the four games prior Felix averaged 17.8 points per game, a stretch capped by his 23-point outing in Texas’ 67-64 win over Kansas State.
With Felix unable to go, players such as Demarcus Croaker, Martez Walker and Kendall Yancy will have the opportunity to earn more minutes. Croaker played 14 minutes on Saturday, accounting for three points and two rebounds, while Yancy played four minutes and Walker just three.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)