Feb 2, 2014, 7:58 PM EDT
In their first game after beating No. 6 Kansas 81-69 on Saturday afternoon, No. 25 Texas will be without a key player when they face TCU on Tuesday night.
Sophomore guard Javan Felix, the team’s third-leading scorer, will miss the game after suffering a concussion in Saturday’s victory. Felix, averaging 12.0 points and 3.0 assists per game, played just 18 minutes against Kansas and finished with nine points on 1-for-6 shooting.
That was the second consecutive game in which Felix struggled offensively, as he shot 2-for-8 in Texas’ win at Baylor. However, in the four games prior Felix averaged 17.8 points per game, a stretch capped by his 23-point outing in Texas’ 67-64 win over Kansas State.
With Felix unable to go, players such as Demarcus Croaker, Martez Walker and Kendall Yancy will have the opportunity to earn more minutes. Croaker played 14 minutes on Saturday, accounting for three points and two rebounds, while Yancy played four minutes and Walker just three.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)