Feb 2, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
The surprising season for No. 25 Texas continued on Saturday with an 81-69 statement win over No. 6 Kansas.
In the opening minutes of the second half, sophomore center Cameron Ridley put his stamp on the game when he flushed a two-handed slam over heralded freshman and potential top pick Joel Embiid. That dunk put the Longhorns up 46-27.
Ridley would finish with nine points, 10 rebounds and four blocks compared to Embiid’s eight points, 10 rebounds and two blocks.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)