Feb 2, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
The surprising season for No. 25 Texas continued on Saturday with an 81-69 statement win over No. 6 Kansas.
In the opening minutes of the second half, sophomore center Cameron Ridley put his stamp on the game when he flushed a two-handed slam over heralded freshman and potential top pick Joel Embiid. That dunk put the Longhorns up 46-27.
Ridley would finish with nine points, 10 rebounds and four blocks compared to Embiid’s eight points, 10 rebounds and two blocks.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)