Feb 2, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
The surprising season for No. 25 Texas continued on Saturday with an 81-69 statement win over No. 6 Kansas.
In the opening minutes of the second half, sophomore center Cameron Ridley put his stamp on the game when he flushed a two-handed slam over heralded freshman and potential top pick Joel Embiid. That dunk put the Longhorns up 46-27.
Ridley would finish with nine points, 10 rebounds and four blocks compared to Embiid’s eight points, 10 rebounds and two blocks.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 0
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (6)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)