Feb 2, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
The surprising season for No. 25 Texas continued on Saturday with an 81-69 statement win over No. 6 Kansas.
In the opening minutes of the second half, sophomore center Cameron Ridley put his stamp on the game when he flushed a two-handed slam over heralded freshman and potential top pick Joel Embiid. That dunk put the Longhorns up 46-27.
Ridley would finish with nine points, 10 rebounds and four blocks compared to Embiid’s eight points, 10 rebounds and two blocks.
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 1
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)