Feb 2, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
The surprising season for No. 25 Texas continued on Saturday with an 81-69 statement win over No. 6 Kansas.
In the opening minutes of the second half, sophomore center Cameron Ridley put his stamp on the game when he flushed a two-handed slam over heralded freshman and potential top pick Joel Embiid. That dunk put the Longhorns up 46-27.
Ridley would finish with nine points, 10 rebounds and four blocks compared to Embiid’s eight points, 10 rebounds and two blocks.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)