Feb 2, 2014, 1:51 PM EDT
College basketball junkies know John Brown as the high-flying wing from High Point. But this dunk comes from a different John Brown.
The Olney Central College (Ill.) sophomore guard set up his buzzer-beating dunk with a ridiculous block, which looked like something out of a video game. His block, which looked more like a volleyball spike, occurred on the wing and flew all the way down the sideline. He chased down the ball, eluding an official, before collecting it and slamming home a two-handed dunk as the buzzer sounded.
The 6-foot-4 Brown is averaging a team-high 17.5 points along with 5.1 rebounds per game.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)