Feb 2, 2014, 1:51 PM EST
College basketball junkies know John Brown as the high-flying wing from High Point. But this dunk comes from a different John Brown.
The Olney Central College (Ill.) sophomore guard set up his buzzer-beating dunk with a ridiculous block, which looked like something out of a video game. His block, which looked more like a volleyball spike, occurred on the wing and flew all the way down the sideline. He chased down the ball, eluding an official, before collecting it and slamming home a two-handed dunk as the buzzer sounded.
The 6-foot-4 Brown is averaging a team-high 17.5 points along with 5.1 rebounds per game.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)
- Jerian Grant turns back fans trying to storm the floor after Duke win (GIF) (4)