Feb 2, 2014, 1:51 PM EDT
College basketball junkies know John Brown as the high-flying wing from High Point. But this dunk comes from a different John Brown.
The Olney Central College (Ill.) sophomore guard set up his buzzer-beating dunk with a ridiculous block, which looked like something out of a video game. His block, which looked more like a volleyball spike, occurred on the wing and flew all the way down the sideline. He chased down the ball, eluding an official, before collecting it and slamming home a two-handed dunk as the buzzer sounded.
The 6-foot-4 Brown is averaging a team-high 17.5 points along with 5.1 rebounds per game.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)