Feb 3, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
Solomon Poole has been dismissed from the Georgia Tech basketball team for “conduct and accountability issues”, head coach Brian Gregory announced on Monday.
Poole was averaging 6.4 points and 2.0 assists on the season. He hasn’t played since Jan. 7th against Duke, sitting out the last seven games.
Poole started five games this season, scoring 24 points in a loss to Ole Miss in November. He was a four-star recruit coming out of high school. He’ll finish up his academic responsibilities this semester.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)