Feb 3, 2014, 1:24 PM EST
Stevie Clark has been dismissed from the Oklahoma State basketball team.
Clark, a reserve freshman guard, was arrested early Sunday morning when he was spotted by a police officer urinating out of the window of a moving car.
“We care about Stevie and wish nothing but the best for him,” head coach Travis Ford said in a statement. “We want him to find success in his future, where ever that may be.”
It was the third time that Clark has been in trouble this season. He was suspended for four games, including the team’s trip to Orlando for the Old Spice Classic, earlier this season. On January 1st, he was arrested and charged with possession in an incident where the driver of a car he was in claimed that Clark was rolling a blunt for other people to smoke.
Losing Clark is a big blow for a team that now has just six rotation players left. He’s the second player that the Pokes have lost this year, as Michael Cobbins ruptured his Achilles’ tendon.
Oklahoma State is in a bit of a freefall right now. They’ve lost three of their last four games, Marcus Smart is playing some of the worst basketball of his career and, sitting at 4-4 in the Big 12, they don’t look like a team capable of making any kind of a run at a league title.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 0
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)