Feb 3, 2014, 1:24 PM EST
Stevie Clark has been dismissed from the Oklahoma State basketball team.
Clark, a reserve freshman guard, was arrested early Sunday morning when he was spotted by a police officer urinating out of the window of a moving car.
“We care about Stevie and wish nothing but the best for him,” head coach Travis Ford said in a statement. “We want him to find success in his future, where ever that may be.”
It was the third time that Clark has been in trouble this season. He was suspended for four games, including the team’s trip to Orlando for the Old Spice Classic, earlier this season. On January 1st, he was arrested and charged with possession in an incident where the driver of a car he was in claimed that Clark was rolling a blunt for other people to smoke.
Losing Clark is a big blow for a team that now has just six rotation players left. He’s the second player that the Pokes have lost this year, as Michael Cobbins ruptured his Achilles’ tendon.
Oklahoma State is in a bit of a freefall right now. They’ve lost three of their last four games, Marcus Smart is playing some of the worst basketball of his career and, sitting at 4-4 in the Big 12, they don’t look like a team capable of making any kind of a run at a league title.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)