Feb 3, 2014, 1:24 PM EDT
Stevie Clark has been dismissed from the Oklahoma State basketball team.
Clark, a reserve freshman guard, was arrested early Sunday morning when he was spotted by a police officer urinating out of the window of a moving car.
“We care about Stevie and wish nothing but the best for him,” head coach Travis Ford said in a statement. “We want him to find success in his future, where ever that may be.”
It was the third time that Clark has been in trouble this season. He was suspended for four games, including the team’s trip to Orlando for the Old Spice Classic, earlier this season. On January 1st, he was arrested and charged with possession in an incident where the driver of a car he was in claimed that Clark was rolling a blunt for other people to smoke.
Losing Clark is a big blow for a team that now has just six rotation players left. He’s the second player that the Pokes have lost this year, as Michael Cobbins ruptured his Achilles’ tendon.
Oklahoma State is in a bit of a freefall right now. They’ve lost three of their last four games, Marcus Smart is playing some of the worst basketball of his career and, sitting at 4-4 in the Big 12, they don’t look like a team capable of making any kind of a run at a league title.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)