Feb 3, 2014, 1:24 PM EDT
Stevie Clark has been dismissed from the Oklahoma State basketball team.
Clark, a reserve freshman guard, was arrested early Sunday morning when he was spotted by a police officer urinating out of the window of a moving car.
“We care about Stevie and wish nothing but the best for him,” head coach Travis Ford said in a statement. “We want him to find success in his future, where ever that may be.”
It was the third time that Clark has been in trouble this season. He was suspended for four games, including the team’s trip to Orlando for the Old Spice Classic, earlier this season. On January 1st, he was arrested and charged with possession in an incident where the driver of a car he was in claimed that Clark was rolling a blunt for other people to smoke.
Losing Clark is a big blow for a team that now has just six rotation players left. He’s the second player that the Pokes have lost this year, as Michael Cobbins ruptured his Achilles’ tendon.
Oklahoma State is in a bit of a freefall right now. They’ve lost three of their last four games, Marcus Smart is playing some of the worst basketball of his career and, sitting at 4-4 in the Big 12, they don’t look like a team capable of making any kind of a run at a league title.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)