Feb 3, 2014, 1:24 PM EDT
Stevie Clark has been dismissed from the Oklahoma State basketball team.
Clark, a reserve freshman guard, was arrested early Sunday morning when he was spotted by a police officer urinating out of the window of a moving car.
“We care about Stevie and wish nothing but the best for him,” head coach Travis Ford said in a statement. “We want him to find success in his future, where ever that may be.”
It was the third time that Clark has been in trouble this season. He was suspended for four games, including the team’s trip to Orlando for the Old Spice Classic, earlier this season. On January 1st, he was arrested and charged with possession in an incident where the driver of a car he was in claimed that Clark was rolling a blunt for other people to smoke.
Losing Clark is a big blow for a team that now has just six rotation players left. He’s the second player that the Pokes have lost this year, as Michael Cobbins ruptured his Achilles’ tendon.
Oklahoma State is in a bit of a freefall right now. They’ve lost three of their last four games, Marcus Smart is playing some of the worst basketball of his career and, sitting at 4-4 in the Big 12, they don’t look like a team capable of making any kind of a run at a league title.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Seventh Woods down to three schools, sets official visits (3)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (3)
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)