Feb 4, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
Louisville’s front court depth took another hit.
Wayne Blackshear suffered a concussion in practice and will not be traveling to Houston with the Cardinals for their game on Wednesday. The news was first reported by Eric Crawford.
After playing just five scoreless minutes in the loss to Cincinnati last Thursday, Blackshear had moved into the Louisville starting lineup on Saturday against Central Florida. What made the benching against Cincinnati so odd is that Blackshear had been playing the best basketball of his season over the last two weeks. Remove the Cincinnati game from the equation, and since January 16th, Blackshear has averaged 14.5 points and shot 21-for-34 from the floor and 11-for-19 from three in four games.
Louisville will be off for eight days after the Houston game. The hope is that Blackshear will only miss one game.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)