Feb 4, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
Louisville’s front court depth took another hit.
Wayne Blackshear suffered a concussion in practice and will not be traveling to Houston with the Cardinals for their game on Wednesday. The news was first reported by Eric Crawford.
After playing just five scoreless minutes in the loss to Cincinnati last Thursday, Blackshear had moved into the Louisville starting lineup on Saturday against Central Florida. What made the benching against Cincinnati so odd is that Blackshear had been playing the best basketball of his season over the last two weeks. Remove the Cincinnati game from the equation, and since January 16th, Blackshear has averaged 14.5 points and shot 21-for-34 from the floor and 11-for-19 from three in four games.
Louisville will be off for eight days after the Houston game. The hope is that Blackshear will only miss one game.
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was (5)