Feb 4, 2014, 1:07 PM EST
Louisville’s front court depth took another hit.
Wayne Blackshear suffered a concussion in practice and will not be traveling to Houston with the Cardinals for their game on Wednesday. The news was first reported by Eric Crawford.
After playing just five scoreless minutes in the loss to Cincinnati last Thursday, Blackshear had moved into the Louisville starting lineup on Saturday against Central Florida. What made the benching against Cincinnati so odd is that Blackshear had been playing the best basketball of his season over the last two weeks. Remove the Cincinnati game from the equation, and since January 16th, Blackshear has averaged 14.5 points and shot 21-for-34 from the floor and 11-for-19 from three in four games.
Louisville will be off for eight days after the Houston game. The hope is that Blackshear will only miss one game.
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 0
- Senior starters once again lead the way for No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing the most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Wake Forest beats No. 4 Duke as Blue Devils struggle to score again 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)