Feb 4, 2014, 1:07 PM EST
Louisville’s front court depth took another hit.
Wayne Blackshear suffered a concussion in practice and will not be traveling to Houston with the Cardinals for their game on Wednesday. The news was first reported by Eric Crawford.
After playing just five scoreless minutes in the loss to Cincinnati last Thursday, Blackshear had moved into the Louisville starting lineup on Saturday against Central Florida. What made the benching against Cincinnati so odd is that Blackshear had been playing the best basketball of his season over the last two weeks. Remove the Cincinnati game from the equation, and since January 16th, Blackshear has averaged 14.5 points and shot 21-for-34 from the floor and 11-for-19 from three in four games.
Louisville will be off for eight days after the Houston game. The hope is that Blackshear will only miss one game.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 20
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (20)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)