Feb 4, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
Louisville’s front court depth took another hit.
Wayne Blackshear suffered a concussion in practice and will not be traveling to Houston with the Cardinals for their game on Wednesday. The news was first reported by Eric Crawford.
After playing just five scoreless minutes in the loss to Cincinnati last Thursday, Blackshear had moved into the Louisville starting lineup on Saturday against Central Florida. What made the benching against Cincinnati so odd is that Blackshear had been playing the best basketball of his season over the last two weeks. Remove the Cincinnati game from the equation, and since January 16th, Blackshear has averaged 14.5 points and shot 21-for-34 from the floor and 11-for-19 from three in four games.
Louisville will be off for eight days after the Houston game. The hope is that Blackshear will only miss one game.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)