Feb 4, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
The health of George Washington’s back court is becoming a major concern for head coach Mike Lonergan.
Kethan Savage will be out for an extended period of time after breaking his foot last month. We’ve known that. The problem, however, is that he isn’t the only starter that’s currently out of the lineup.
Joe McDonald, GW’s starting point guard, was injured against La Salle last week and didn’t travel with the team to Dayton on Saturday. Mo Creek, the team’s leading scorer at 14.4 points, missed Saturday’s game as well with a virus.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise, then, that the Colonials lost to the Flyers.
What’s more troubling is that McDonald and Creek are both expected to be out of the lineup on Wednesday when GW gets a visit from Duquesne, according to a report from Ben Standig.
GW didn’t have much depth to begin the season. Losing all three starters on their perimeter sure didn’t help matters.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)