Feb 4, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
The health of George Washington’s back court is becoming a major concern for head coach Mike Lonergan.
Kethan Savage will be out for an extended period of time after breaking his foot last month. We’ve known that. The problem, however, is that he isn’t the only starter that’s currently out of the lineup.
Joe McDonald, GW’s starting point guard, was injured against La Salle last week and didn’t travel with the team to Dayton on Saturday. Mo Creek, the team’s leading scorer at 14.4 points, missed Saturday’s game as well with a virus.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise, then, that the Colonials lost to the Flyers.
What’s more troubling is that McDonald and Creek are both expected to be out of the lineup on Wednesday when GW gets a visit from Duquesne, according to a report from Ben Standig.
GW didn’t have much depth to begin the season. Losing all three starters on their perimeter sure didn’t help matters.
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Maryland transfer eligible this season at Georgia Tech (3)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)
- Newspaper apologizes for its illustration of Kentucky head coach John Calipari (2)