Feb 4, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
The health of George Washington’s back court is becoming a major concern for head coach Mike Lonergan.
Kethan Savage will be out for an extended period of time after breaking his foot last month. We’ve known that. The problem, however, is that he isn’t the only starter that’s currently out of the lineup.
Joe McDonald, GW’s starting point guard, was injured against La Salle last week and didn’t travel with the team to Dayton on Saturday. Mo Creek, the team’s leading scorer at 14.4 points, missed Saturday’s game as well with a virus.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise, then, that the Colonials lost to the Flyers.
What’s more troubling is that McDonald and Creek are both expected to be out of the lineup on Wednesday when GW gets a visit from Duquesne, according to a report from Ben Standig.
GW didn’t have much depth to begin the season. Losing all three starters on their perimeter sure didn’t help matters.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)