Feb 4, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
The health of George Washington’s back court is becoming a major concern for head coach Mike Lonergan.
Kethan Savage will be out for an extended period of time after breaking his foot last month. We’ve known that. The problem, however, is that he isn’t the only starter that’s currently out of the lineup.
Joe McDonald, GW’s starting point guard, was injured against La Salle last week and didn’t travel with the team to Dayton on Saturday. Mo Creek, the team’s leading scorer at 14.4 points, missed Saturday’s game as well with a virus.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise, then, that the Colonials lost to the Flyers.
What’s more troubling is that McDonald and Creek are both expected to be out of the lineup on Wednesday when GW gets a visit from Duquesne, according to a report from Ben Standig.
GW didn’t have much depth to begin the season. Losing all three starters on their perimeter sure didn’t help matters.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)