Feb 4, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
The health of George Washington’s back court is becoming a major concern for head coach Mike Lonergan.
Kethan Savage will be out for an extended period of time after breaking his foot last month. We’ve known that. The problem, however, is that he isn’t the only starter that’s currently out of the lineup.
Joe McDonald, GW’s starting point guard, was injured against La Salle last week and didn’t travel with the team to Dayton on Saturday. Mo Creek, the team’s leading scorer at 14.4 points, missed Saturday’s game as well with a virus.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise, then, that the Colonials lost to the Flyers.
What’s more troubling is that McDonald and Creek are both expected to be out of the lineup on Wednesday when GW gets a visit from Duquesne, according to a report from Ben Standig.
GW didn’t have much depth to begin the season. Losing all three starters on their perimeter sure didn’t help matters.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 1
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)