Feb 4, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
GAME OF THE NIGHT: Missouri at No. 3 Florida, 9:00 p.m.
This is the time for Missouri. They’ve entered February without much in the way of anything on their NCAA tournament resume, and with just a single game against the top two teams in the SEC, this will be the Tiger’s final chance to land a marquee victory this season. Jordan Clarkson and Jabari Brown have taken turns playing like all-americans, with Brown’s hot-shooting being the recent catalyst for Mizzou.
On the flip side, Florida’s already-stifling defense may have just gotten better with the addition of Chris Walker, a top ten recruit that will be eligible to play his first game tonight.
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: Ole Miss at No. 18 Kentucky, 7:00 p.m.
Marshall Henderson hasn’t exactly been Marshall Henderson this season, but that’s been a good thing for the Rebels, who are in the midst of a distraction-free season where they’ve spent the majority of the year completely off the national radar. But with the Selection Sunday bearing down on us, now is the time for Henderson and the Rebels to land a marquee win and re-enter the national consciousness. Beating Kentucky would certainly do the trick.
WHO’S GETTING UPSET: Ohio State at No. 17 Iowa, 7:00 p.m.
The Buckeyes will be looking to return the favor after the Hawkeyes dropped them in Columbus earlier this season. The loss sent Thad Matta’s club into a tailspin in which they lost five of six. They bounced back on Saturday, winning at the Kohl Center. Might that be the start of a stretch-run for OSU?
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) Maryland will be making their final visit to North Carolina as an ACC member tonight.
2) No. 15 Texas, fresh off of a win over Kansas, will be making their way down to TCU.
3) Speaking of Kansas, the No. 8 Jayhawks will pay a visit to Baylor as the Bears look to build on Saturday’s win at Oklahoma State.
4) No. 24 Memphis will be hosting Rutgers.
5) No. 11 Duke will be getting a visit from Wake Forest
- St. John’s at Providence, 7:00 p.m.
- Butler at Marquette, 9:00 p.m.
- Wisconsin at Illinois, 9:00 p.m.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)