Feb 4, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
GAME OF THE NIGHT: Missouri at No. 3 Florida, 9:00 p.m.
This is the time for Missouri. They’ve entered February without much in the way of anything on their NCAA tournament resume, and with just a single game against the top two teams in the SEC, this will be the Tiger’s final chance to land a marquee victory this season. Jordan Clarkson and Jabari Brown have taken turns playing like all-americans, with Brown’s hot-shooting being the recent catalyst for Mizzou.
On the flip side, Florida’s already-stifling defense may have just gotten better with the addition of Chris Walker, a top ten recruit that will be eligible to play his first game tonight.
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: Ole Miss at No. 18 Kentucky, 7:00 p.m.
Marshall Henderson hasn’t exactly been Marshall Henderson this season, but that’s been a good thing for the Rebels, who are in the midst of a distraction-free season where they’ve spent the majority of the year completely off the national radar. But with the Selection Sunday bearing down on us, now is the time for Henderson and the Rebels to land a marquee win and re-enter the national consciousness. Beating Kentucky would certainly do the trick.
WHO’S GETTING UPSET: Ohio State at No. 17 Iowa, 7:00 p.m.
The Buckeyes will be looking to return the favor after the Hawkeyes dropped them in Columbus earlier this season. The loss sent Thad Matta’s club into a tailspin in which they lost five of six. They bounced back on Saturday, winning at the Kohl Center. Might that be the start of a stretch-run for OSU?
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) Maryland will be making their final visit to North Carolina as an ACC member tonight.
2) No. 15 Texas, fresh off of a win over Kansas, will be making their way down to TCU.
3) Speaking of Kansas, the No. 8 Jayhawks will pay a visit to Baylor as the Bears look to build on Saturday’s win at Oklahoma State.
4) No. 24 Memphis will be hosting Rutgers.
5) No. 11 Duke will be getting a visit from Wake Forest
- St. John’s at Providence, 7:00 p.m.
- Butler at Marquette, 9:00 p.m.
- Wisconsin at Illinois, 9:00 p.m.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)