Feb 4, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
On Jan. 8, Wyoming dropped a 72-69 overtime game against New Mexico, a contest later overshadowed by the height of the rims the Lobos were shooting at in the second half.
For Wednesday’s rematch with the Lobos at The Pit, the Cowboys will be without head coach Larry Shyatt due to an illness, according to a report from ESPN Senior Writer Andy Katz. Shyatt missed Wyoming’s previous game, a win over Utah State on Saturday. This is the same viral illness that forced Shyatt to miss a game against Air Force on Jan. 22.
Shyatt sent a text message to ESPN stating he hopes to get back to the sidelines as soon as he overcomes his illness.
Wyoming is currently 14-7 (5-3 Mountain West), good for fifth in the conference. New Mexico is 17-4 (8-1 Mountain West), trailing No. 5 San Diego State for first in the conference.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)