Feb 4, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
On Jan. 8, Wyoming dropped a 72-69 overtime game against New Mexico, a contest later overshadowed by the height of the rims the Lobos were shooting at in the second half.
For Wednesday’s rematch with the Lobos at The Pit, the Cowboys will be without head coach Larry Shyatt due to an illness, according to a report from ESPN Senior Writer Andy Katz. Shyatt missed Wyoming’s previous game, a win over Utah State on Saturday. This is the same viral illness that forced Shyatt to miss a game against Air Force on Jan. 22.
Shyatt sent a text message to ESPN stating he hopes to get back to the sidelines as soon as he overcomes his illness.
Wyoming is currently 14-7 (5-3 Mountain West), good for fifth in the conference. New Mexico is 17-4 (8-1 Mountain West), trailing No. 5 San Diego State for first in the conference.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)