Feb 4, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
On Jan. 8, Wyoming dropped a 72-69 overtime game against New Mexico, a contest later overshadowed by the height of the rims the Lobos were shooting at in the second half.
For Wednesday’s rematch with the Lobos at The Pit, the Cowboys will be without head coach Larry Shyatt due to an illness, according to a report from ESPN Senior Writer Andy Katz. Shyatt missed Wyoming’s previous game, a win over Utah State on Saturday. This is the same viral illness that forced Shyatt to miss a game against Air Force on Jan. 22.
Shyatt sent a text message to ESPN stating he hopes to get back to the sidelines as soon as he overcomes his illness.
Wyoming is currently 14-7 (5-3 Mountain West), good for fifth in the conference. New Mexico is 17-4 (8-1 Mountain West), trailing No. 5 San Diego State for first in the conference.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)