Feb 4, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
On Jan. 8, Wyoming dropped a 72-69 overtime game against New Mexico, a contest later overshadowed by the height of the rims the Lobos were shooting at in the second half.
For Wednesday’s rematch with the Lobos at The Pit, the Cowboys will be without head coach Larry Shyatt due to an illness, according to a report from ESPN Senior Writer Andy Katz. Shyatt missed Wyoming’s previous game, a win over Utah State on Saturday. This is the same viral illness that forced Shyatt to miss a game against Air Force on Jan. 22.
Shyatt sent a text message to ESPN stating he hopes to get back to the sidelines as soon as he overcomes his illness.
Wyoming is currently 14-7 (5-3 Mountain West), good for fifth in the conference. New Mexico is 17-4 (8-1 Mountain West), trailing No. 5 San Diego State for first in the conference.
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 0
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 5
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)