Feb 4, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
On Jan. 8, Wyoming dropped a 72-69 overtime game against New Mexico, a contest later overshadowed by the height of the rims the Lobos were shooting at in the second half.
For Wednesday’s rematch with the Lobos at The Pit, the Cowboys will be without head coach Larry Shyatt due to an illness, according to a report from ESPN Senior Writer Andy Katz. Shyatt missed Wyoming’s previous game, a win over Utah State on Saturday. This is the same viral illness that forced Shyatt to miss a game against Air Force on Jan. 22.
Shyatt sent a text message to ESPN stating he hopes to get back to the sidelines as soon as he overcomes his illness.
Wyoming is currently 14-7 (5-3 Mountain West), good for fifth in the conference. New Mexico is 17-4 (8-1 Mountain West), trailing No. 5 San Diego State for first in the conference.
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 0
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)