Feb 5, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
This could have been bad.
Julius Randle is a big, athletic dude, and when big, athletic dudes get a full head of steam and a clear lane to the basket, they do things like throw down massive dunks.
Case in point above.
Derrick Millinghaus is aware of this fact as well. Instead of stepping in and trying to take a charge on a freight train rolling down hill, he gets out of the way.
He didn’t end up on the wrong end of a poster.
Alex Poythress also threw down a nasty dunk last night:
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 1
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)