Feb 5, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
Things are not going well for UMass.
The Minutemen have lost three of their last four games, a stretch that was precipitated by weeks worth of basketball where Derek Kellogg’s club failed to put together the kind of impressive wins you would expect from a top 25 team.
UMass has another tough game tonight, as they will get a visit from La Salle. A loss will drop them to .500 in league play and potentially four games behind first place Saint Louis.
It won’t help matters that Maxie Esho, a reserve forward off the bench averaging 8.3 points and 5.0 boards, will be out of the game with a concussion, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Esho suffered the injury in a loss to St. Joseph’s on Saturday.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)