Feb 5, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
Things are not going well for UMass.
The Minutemen have lost three of their last four games, a stretch that was precipitated by weeks worth of basketball where Derek Kellogg’s club failed to put together the kind of impressive wins you would expect from a top 25 team.
UMass has another tough game tonight, as they will get a visit from La Salle. A loss will drop them to .500 in league play and potentially four games behind first place Saint Louis.
It won’t help matters that Maxie Esho, a reserve forward off the bench averaging 8.3 points and 5.0 boards, will be out of the game with a concussion, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Esho suffered the injury in a loss to St. Joseph’s on Saturday.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)