Feb 5, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
Things are not going well for UMass.
The Minutemen have lost three of their last four games, a stretch that was precipitated by weeks worth of basketball where Derek Kellogg’s club failed to put together the kind of impressive wins you would expect from a top 25 team.
UMass has another tough game tonight, as they will get a visit from La Salle. A loss will drop them to .500 in league play and potentially four games behind first place Saint Louis.
It won’t help matters that Maxie Esho, a reserve forward off the bench averaging 8.3 points and 5.0 boards, will be out of the game with a concussion, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Esho suffered the injury in a loss to St. Joseph’s on Saturday.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)