Feb 5, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
Things are not going well for UMass.
The Minutemen have lost three of their last four games, a stretch that was precipitated by weeks worth of basketball where Derek Kellogg’s club failed to put together the kind of impressive wins you would expect from a top 25 team.
UMass has another tough game tonight, as they will get a visit from La Salle. A loss will drop them to .500 in league play and potentially four games behind first place Saint Louis.
It won’t help matters that Maxie Esho, a reserve forward off the bench averaging 8.3 points and 5.0 boards, will be out of the game with a concussion, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Esho suffered the injury in a loss to St. Joseph’s on Saturday.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)