Feb 5, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 4 Wichita State at Indiana State, 8:05 p.m.
This is it. This is the toughest game that Wichita State is going to play before Arch Madness begins in a month. If they are going to end up losing at some point during the regular season, this is the game that it could happen in. Indiana State is a good basketball team that is tough in their own gym. They’re also healthy now, which wasn’t the case when Wichita State beat them down earlier this season.
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 5 San Diego State at Boise State, 9:15 p.m.
It’s weird. Entering the season, if I would have told you that one of these two teams would be undefeated in league play and top five in the nation and the other would barely be holding on to hopes of an at-large bid, you would have figured it to be the other way around. The Broncos were supposed to be the MWC contenders and the Aztecs were supposed to be rebuilding. So much for that. Boise State is chock-full of shooters. Will they be able to effectively spread the floor on SDSU?
WHO’S GETTING UPSET?: No. 13 Saint Louis at St. Joseph’s, 7:00 p.m.
Saint Louis has been the best team in the Atlantic 10 this season. They’re undefeated in the league because their defense put opponents in a vice-grip. But St. Joe’s has been pretty good in their own right, winning 11 of their last 13 games with the only two losses coming on the road. This about as good as it will get in the A-10 this season.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) No. 25 Pitt will head on the road to take on a Miami team that has scrappier than we all thought they could be this season. The Panthers have lost two in a row and are still without a notable win this season.
2) No. 21 Oklahoma will be on the road as well, paying a visit to Morgantown where they’ll have their hands full dealing with Juwan Staten.
3) Rock-Paper-Scissors will get you into Navy’s home game against Boston U. tonight.
4) Vanderbilt will be hosting Tennessee tonight in a game that the Vols cannot afford to lose if they want to make the NCAA tournament.
5) Minnesota is 4-5 in the Big Ten. They have some wins that are good enough to make them a tournament team, but they’re coming off of a loss to Northwestern.
- Nebraska at No. 10 Michigan, 6:30 p.m.
- No. 14 Louisville at Houston, 7:00 p.m.
- Boston College at No. 20 Virginia, 7:00 p.m.
- Portland at No. 23 Gonzaga, 11:00 p.m.
- UNLV at Colorado State, 9:00 p.m.
- Stanford at Cal, 9:00 p.m.
- Washington State at Colorado, 9:30 p.m.
- Wyoming at New Mexico, 11:05 p.m.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)