Feb 6, 2014, 9:39 AM EDT
The wildest game on the night on Wednesday night took place well off the beaten path.
Gardner-Webb and VMI battled for 60 minutes, a four overtime game that featured three buzzer-beaters from the Keydets before they finally pulled away from GWU.
“Bless my guys,” head coach Dugger Baucom said after the game. “I just kept telling them to believe. Some of those overtimes, we were completely out of it. Miraculous things had to happen and they did. I am super proud of my guys.”
You like fun box scores? I do. How about some of these stats:
- Gardner-Webb took 99 field goals and grabbed 30 offensive rebounds. And lost.
- The Bulldogs had one player go for 24 points and 25 boards and another player finish with 15 points and 15 boards. And lost!
- Tyrell Nelson, who finished with 24 points, 11 offensive rebounds and 14 defensive rebounds, came off the bench.
- VMI had four players finish with 20-or-more points, with all four playing more than 50 minutes.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)