Feb 6, 2014, 9:39 AM EDT
The wildest game on the night on Wednesday night took place well off the beaten path.
Gardner-Webb and VMI battled for 60 minutes, a four overtime game that featured three buzzer-beaters from the Keydets before they finally pulled away from GWU.
“Bless my guys,” head coach Dugger Baucom said after the game. “I just kept telling them to believe. Some of those overtimes, we were completely out of it. Miraculous things had to happen and they did. I am super proud of my guys.”
You like fun box scores? I do. How about some of these stats:
- Gardner-Webb took 99 field goals and grabbed 30 offensive rebounds. And lost.
- The Bulldogs had one player go for 24 points and 25 boards and another player finish with 15 points and 15 boards. And lost!
- Tyrell Nelson, who finished with 24 points, 11 offensive rebounds and 14 defensive rebounds, came off the bench.
- VMI had four players finish with 20-or-more points, with all four playing more than 50 minutes.
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)