Feb 6, 2014, 9:39 AM EDT
The wildest game on the night on Wednesday night took place well off the beaten path.
Gardner-Webb and VMI battled for 60 minutes, a four overtime game that featured three buzzer-beaters from the Keydets before they finally pulled away from GWU.
“Bless my guys,” head coach Dugger Baucom said after the game. “I just kept telling them to believe. Some of those overtimes, we were completely out of it. Miraculous things had to happen and they did. I am super proud of my guys.”
You like fun box scores? I do. How about some of these stats:
- Gardner-Webb took 99 field goals and grabbed 30 offensive rebounds. And lost.
- The Bulldogs had one player go for 24 points and 25 boards and another player finish with 15 points and 15 boards. And lost!
- Tyrell Nelson, who finished with 24 points, 11 offensive rebounds and 14 defensive rebounds, came off the bench.
- VMI had four players finish with 20-or-more points, with all four playing more than 50 minutes.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)