Feb 6, 2014, 9:39 AM EST
The wildest game on the night on Wednesday night took place well off the beaten path.
Gardner-Webb and VMI battled for 60 minutes, a four overtime game that featured three buzzer-beaters from the Keydets before they finally pulled away from GWU.
“Bless my guys,” head coach Dugger Baucom said after the game. “I just kept telling them to believe. Some of those overtimes, we were completely out of it. Miraculous things had to happen and they did. I am super proud of my guys.”
You like fun box scores? I do. How about some of these stats:
- Gardner-Webb took 99 field goals and grabbed 30 offensive rebounds. And lost.
- The Bulldogs had one player go for 24 points and 25 boards and another player finish with 15 points and 15 boards. And lost!
- Tyrell Nelson, who finished with 24 points, 11 offensive rebounds and 14 defensive rebounds, came off the bench.
- VMI had four players finish with 20-or-more points, with all four playing more than 50 minutes.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)