Feb 7, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT
One of the top prospects in the 2014 class, Findlay Prep shooting guard Rashad Vaughn was expected to announce his college decision Saturday evening. On Friday afternoon it was reported by multiple outlets that Vaughn won’t make his choice until Tuesday.
Five schools remain in the running for Vaughn’s services, although more than a few recruiting analysts have zeroed in on UNLV (Findlay Prep is located in nearby Henderson, Nev.) and Iowa State as the most likely destinations. Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina are also on Vaughn’s final list, with the Minneapolis native releasing his final five in late December.
Vaughn’s ability to score from anywhere on the court makes him one of the best perimeter prospects in the 2014 class, and last week he was one of 24 players named a McDonald’s All-American. Just one other selection remains uncommitted at this point, with Trinity, Texas center Myles Turner yet to make his college choice.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)