Feb 7, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT
One of the top prospects in the 2014 class, Findlay Prep shooting guard Rashad Vaughn was expected to announce his college decision Saturday evening. On Friday afternoon it was reported by multiple outlets that Vaughn won’t make his choice until Tuesday.
Five schools remain in the running for Vaughn’s services, although more than a few recruiting analysts have zeroed in on UNLV (Findlay Prep is located in nearby Henderson, Nev.) and Iowa State as the most likely destinations. Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina are also on Vaughn’s final list, with the Minneapolis native releasing his final five in late December.
Vaughn’s ability to score from anywhere on the court makes him one of the best perimeter prospects in the 2014 class, and last week he was one of 24 players named a McDonald’s All-American. Just one other selection remains uncommitted at this point, with Trinity, Texas center Myles Turner yet to make his college choice.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)