Feb 7, 2014, 5:27 PM EST
One of the top prospects in the 2014 class, Findlay Prep shooting guard Rashad Vaughn was expected to announce his college decision Saturday evening. On Friday afternoon it was reported by multiple outlets that Vaughn won’t make his choice until Tuesday.
Five schools remain in the running for Vaughn’s services, although more than a few recruiting analysts have zeroed in on UNLV (Findlay Prep is located in nearby Henderson, Nev.) and Iowa State as the most likely destinations. Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina are also on Vaughn’s final list, with the Minneapolis native releasing his final five in late December.
Vaughn’s ability to score from anywhere on the court makes him one of the best perimeter prospects in the 2014 class, and last week he was one of 24 players named a McDonald’s All-American. Just one other selection remains uncommitted at this point, with Trinity, Texas center Myles Turner yet to make his college choice.
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 1
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)