Feb 7, 2014, 5:27 PM EST
One of the top prospects in the 2014 class, Findlay Prep shooting guard Rashad Vaughn was expected to announce his college decision Saturday evening. On Friday afternoon it was reported by multiple outlets that Vaughn won’t make his choice until Tuesday.
Five schools remain in the running for Vaughn’s services, although more than a few recruiting analysts have zeroed in on UNLV (Findlay Prep is located in nearby Henderson, Nev.) and Iowa State as the most likely destinations. Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina are also on Vaughn’s final list, with the Minneapolis native releasing his final five in late December.
Vaughn’s ability to score from anywhere on the court makes him one of the best perimeter prospects in the 2014 class, and last week he was one of 24 players named a McDonald’s All-American. Just one other selection remains uncommitted at this point, with Trinity, Texas center Myles Turner yet to make his college choice.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 5
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)