Feb 7, 2014, 5:27 PM EST
One of the top prospects in the 2014 class, Findlay Prep shooting guard Rashad Vaughn was expected to announce his college decision Saturday evening. On Friday afternoon it was reported by multiple outlets that Vaughn won’t make his choice until Tuesday.
Five schools remain in the running for Vaughn’s services, although more than a few recruiting analysts have zeroed in on UNLV (Findlay Prep is located in nearby Henderson, Nev.) and Iowa State as the most likely destinations. Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina are also on Vaughn’s final list, with the Minneapolis native releasing his final five in late December.
Vaughn’s ability to score from anywhere on the court makes him one of the best perimeter prospects in the 2014 class, and last week he was one of 24 players named a McDonald’s All-American. Just one other selection remains uncommitted at this point, with Trinity, Texas center Myles Turner yet to make his college choice.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)