Feb 8, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
On “Lumberjack Night” — which honored Creighton senior three-pointer bomber Ethan Wragge — the Bluejays topped DePaul 78-66 in front of 18,323 home fans.
Creighton fans were encouraged to wear flannel and beards to honor Wragge, who made three out of five three-point attempts on his way to nine points and four rebounds in the Big East win for No. 12 Creighton.
But this photo that Creighton assistant coach Brian Tonino tweeted out after the game is fantastic. I’m not sure who came up with the “Wragge Bomb” chainsaw idea or photo concept, but Wragge’s serious demeanor holding the chainsaw is tremendous.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)