Feb 8, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
Melvin Ejim took 24 shots on Saturday afternoon.
He made 20 of them.
He finished with 48 points and 18 boards in an 84-69 win over TCU.
Not a bad night.
The 48 points that Ejim scored tied him with BYU’s Tyler Haws and Texas Southern’s Aaric Murray for the most points scored in a game this season. The 48 points also stands as a Big 12 record. The last time anyone in Division I basketball or the NBA finished with 48 points and 18 boards was in 2003 when Shaq pulled off the feat. No one has posted numbers like that in college since 1996, although one player did come close:
Xavier’s David West had 47 points and 18 boards exactly 11 years to the day from Ejim’s performance.
Again, not a bad night:
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)