Feb 8, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
Melvin Ejim took 24 shots on Saturday afternoon.
He made 20 of them.
He finished with 48 points and 18 boards in an 84-69 win over TCU.
Not a bad night.
The 48 points that Ejim scored tied him with BYU’s Tyler Haws and Texas Southern’s Aaric Murray for the most points scored in a game this season. The 48 points also stands as a Big 12 record. The last time anyone in Division I basketball or the NBA finished with 48 points and 18 boards was in 2003 when Shaq pulled off the feat. No one has posted numbers like that in college since 1996, although one player did come close:
Xavier’s David West had 47 points and 18 boards exactly 11 years to the day from Ejim’s performance.
Again, not a bad night:
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)