Feb 8, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
Melvin Ejim took 24 shots on Saturday afternoon.
He made 20 of them.
He finished with 48 points and 18 boards in an 84-69 win over TCU.
Not a bad night.
The 48 points that Ejim scored tied him with BYU’s Tyler Haws and Texas Southern’s Aaric Murray for the most points scored in a game this season. The 48 points also stands as a Big 12 record. The last time anyone in Division I basketball or the NBA finished with 48 points and 18 boards was in 2003 when Shaq pulled off the feat. No one has posted numbers like that in college since 1996, although one player did come close:
Xavier’s David West had 47 points and 18 boards exactly 11 years to the day from Ejim’s performance.
Again, not a bad night:
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)