Feb 8, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
Melvin Ejim took 24 shots on Saturday afternoon.
He made 20 of them.
He finished with 48 points and 18 boards in an 84-69 win over TCU.
Not a bad night.
The 48 points that Ejim scored tied him with BYU’s Tyler Haws and Texas Southern’s Aaric Murray for the most points scored in a game this season. The 48 points also stands as a Big 12 record. The last time anyone in Division I basketball or the NBA finished with 48 points and 18 boards was in 2003 when Shaq pulled off the feat. No one has posted numbers like that in college since 1996, although one player did come close:
Xavier’s David West had 47 points and 18 boards exactly 11 years to the day from Ejim’s performance.
Again, not a bad night:
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0