Feb 8, 2014, 9:23 PM EDT
Two members of Oregon’s staff declined to press charges against an Arizona State fan that allegedly spit on the team, according to a report from The Oregonian.
Assistant coach Brian Fish and athletic trainer Clay Jamieson were both spit on after the game, according to the report, although Fish told the paper that the fans were aiming for Joseph Young.
The spitting was also apparently an issue at halftime as well. The problem, according to Altman, is that the team has to walk through a tunnel surrounded by students as they leave the court.
“A security issue having us walk through the students on the way out,” he said. “We were in a tough situation at half but that’s a poor security there. That’s not good.”
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (75)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)