Feb 8, 2014, 9:23 PM EDT
Two members of Oregon’s staff declined to press charges against an Arizona State fan that allegedly spit on the team, according to a report from The Oregonian.
Assistant coach Brian Fish and athletic trainer Clay Jamieson were both spit on after the game, according to the report, although Fish told the paper that the fans were aiming for Joseph Young.
The spitting was also apparently an issue at halftime as well. The problem, according to Altman, is that the team has to walk through a tunnel surrounded by students as they leave the court.
“A security issue having us walk through the students on the way out,” he said. “We were in a tough situation at half but that’s a poor security there. That’s not good.”
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)