Feb 8, 2014, 9:23 PM EST
Two members of Oregon’s staff declined to press charges against an Arizona State fan that allegedly spit on the team, according to a report from The Oregonian.
Assistant coach Brian Fish and athletic trainer Clay Jamieson were both spit on after the game, according to the report, although Fish told the paper that the fans were aiming for Joseph Young.
The spitting was also apparently an issue at halftime as well. The problem, according to Altman, is that the team has to walk through a tunnel surrounded by students as they leave the court.
“A security issue having us walk through the students on the way out,” he said. “We were in a tough situation at half but that’s a poor security there. That’s not good.”
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 2
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 1
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)