POSTERIZED: James Michael McAdoo, J.P. Tokoto dunks highlight North Carolina’s win over Notre Dame (VIDEO)
Feb 9, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
North Carolina got off to a slow start on Saturday afternoon against Notre Dame. But J.P. Tokoto woke up the Tar Heels with his one-handed slam in transition.
With under 90 seconds to go in the first half, James Michael McAdoo gave the Tar Heels their first lead of the half since 2-0 on the opening possession with this nasty one-handed putback slam.
North Carolina held a 14-point lead in the second half before Notre Dame came storming back to cut it to single digits. The Tar Heels countered with a 6-0 run to pull off a 73-62 victory in South Bend.
McAdoo ended with 18 points and eight rebounds. Tokoto finished with 13 and seven.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)