POSTERIZED: James Michael McAdoo, J.P. Tokoto dunks highlight North Carolina’s win over Notre Dame (VIDEO)
Feb 9, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
North Carolina got off to a slow start on Saturday afternoon against Notre Dame. But J.P. Tokoto woke up the Tar Heels with his one-handed slam in transition.
With under 90 seconds to go in the first half, James Michael McAdoo gave the Tar Heels their first lead of the half since 2-0 on the opening possession with this nasty one-handed putback slam.
North Carolina held a 14-point lead in the second half before Notre Dame came storming back to cut it to single digits. The Tar Heels countered with a 6-0 run to pull off a 73-62 victory in South Bend.
McAdoo ended with 18 points and eight rebounds. Tokoto finished with 13 and seven.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)