POSTERIZED: James Michael McAdoo, J.P. Tokoto dunks highlight North Carolina’s win over Notre Dame (VIDEO)
Feb 9, 2014, 1:52 PM EST
North Carolina got off to a slow start on Saturday afternoon against Notre Dame. But J.P. Tokoto woke up the Tar Heels with his one-handed slam in transition.
With under 90 seconds to go in the first half, James Michael McAdoo gave the Tar Heels their first lead of the half since 2-0 on the opening possession with this nasty one-handed putback slam.
North Carolina held a 14-point lead in the second half before Notre Dame came storming back to cut it to single digits. The Tar Heels countered with a 6-0 run to pull off a 73-62 victory in South Bend.
McAdoo ended with 18 points and eight rebounds. Tokoto finished with 13 and seven.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 4
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)