Feb 10, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
Grambling State ended numerous losing streaks on Monday night as the Tigers knocked off Alcorn State 95-80 to earn a SWAC home win. Grambling State hadn’t won a game against a Division I opponent since March 4, 2012 when they knocked off Alabama A&M for a 75-72 overtime win.
The win for Grambling State snapped a 45-game Division I losing streak and 28-game losing streak in the SWAC for the Tigers. Grambling State defeated Central Baptist earlier in the year to snap a 32-game overall losing streak as the Tigers finished 0-28 during the 2012-13 season. Grambling State fans stormed the court after the win and it had to be a unique and relieving feeling for people that root for the Tigers.
Grambling State is now 2-18 on the season — 1-10 in the SWAC — but the pressure of ending that losing streak is probably a huge relief for everyone involved with the Grambling State men’s basketball program. Can the Grambling State men’s basketball team start a new streak, a winning streak, now? The Tigers will have their shot at two straight wins on Saturday at Texas Southern.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)