Feb 10, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
Grambling State ended numerous losing streaks on Monday night as the Tigers knocked off Alcorn State 95-80 to earn a SWAC home win. Grambling State hadn’t won a game against a Division I opponent since March 4, 2012 when they knocked off Alabama A&M for a 75-72 overtime win.
The win for Grambling State snapped a 45-game Division I losing streak and 28-game losing streak in the SWAC for the Tigers. Grambling State defeated Central Baptist earlier in the year to snap a 32-game overall losing streak as the Tigers finished 0-28 during the 2012-13 season. Grambling State fans stormed the court after the win and it had to be a unique and relieving feeling for people that root for the Tigers.
Grambling State is now 2-18 on the season — 1-10 in the SWAC — but the pressure of ending that losing streak is probably a huge relief for everyone involved with the Grambling State men’s basketball program. Can the Grambling State men’s basketball team start a new streak, a winning streak, now? The Tigers will have their shot at two straight wins on Saturday at Texas Southern.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)