Feb 10, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 7 Kansas at Kansas State, 9:00 p.m.
Kansas State will be looking to back up their impressive win over Texas in which Marcus Foster had the most impressive performance of his young career. The Jayhawks have been overwhelmingly dominant in this intra-state rivalry, and that didn’t change in their first matchup this season, a 26-point win for the Jayhawks. Does Kansas State have enough size inside to deal with the behemoths that Kansas will trot out tonight?
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: Maryland at No. 17 Virginia, 9:00 p.m.
Virginia has the inside track at earning themselves a share of the ACC title, as they sit just a game behind Syracuse in the conference standings with a home date against the Orange still looming and a much easier schedule that Syracuse will have to deal with. Maryland? Well, they’re on the outside of the bubble looking in, and picking up a road win against the likes of Virginia will do quite a bit to help them.
WHO’S GETTING UPSET?: No. 11 Iowa State at West Virginia, 7:00 p.m.
This is the best Iowa State team that we have seen in a long time, but the program is notorious for struggling to win games on the road. West Virginia has been one of the more surprising teams in the Big 12 this season, but if they want to have a real chance at earning an at-large bid to the tournament, these are the games that they are going to have to win.
THREE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) Miami has snuck up on people this season. They visit Florida State tonight in a game that the Seminoles can’t afford to lose.
2) Providence will pay a visit to Georgetown in the night’s biggest bubble battle.
3) Grambling is playing at home, meaning that they may have a shot to win their first game in nearly two years.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)