Feb 10, 2014, 3:03 PM EST
GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 7 Kansas at Kansas State, 9:00 p.m.
Kansas State will be looking to back up their impressive win over Texas in which Marcus Foster had the most impressive performance of his young career. The Jayhawks have been overwhelmingly dominant in this intra-state rivalry, and that didn’t change in their first matchup this season, a 26-point win for the Jayhawks. Does Kansas State have enough size inside to deal with the behemoths that Kansas will trot out tonight?
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: Maryland at No. 17 Virginia, 9:00 p.m.
Virginia has the inside track at earning themselves a share of the ACC title, as they sit just a game behind Syracuse in the conference standings with a home date against the Orange still looming and a much easier schedule that Syracuse will have to deal with. Maryland? Well, they’re on the outside of the bubble looking in, and picking up a road win against the likes of Virginia will do quite a bit to help them.
WHO’S GETTING UPSET?: No. 11 Iowa State at West Virginia, 7:00 p.m.
This is the best Iowa State team that we have seen in a long time, but the program is notorious for struggling to win games on the road. West Virginia has been one of the more surprising teams in the Big 12 this season, but if they want to have a real chance at earning an at-large bid to the tournament, these are the games that they are going to have to win.
THREE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) Miami has snuck up on people this season. They visit Florida State tonight in a game that the Seminoles can’t afford to lose.
2) Providence will pay a visit to Georgetown in the night’s biggest bubble battle.
3) Grambling is playing at home, meaning that they may have a shot to win their first game in nearly two years.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)