Feb 10, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 7 Kansas at Kansas State, 9:00 p.m.
Kansas State will be looking to back up their impressive win over Texas in which Marcus Foster had the most impressive performance of his young career. The Jayhawks have been overwhelmingly dominant in this intra-state rivalry, and that didn’t change in their first matchup this season, a 26-point win for the Jayhawks. Does Kansas State have enough size inside to deal with the behemoths that Kansas will trot out tonight?
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: Maryland at No. 17 Virginia, 9:00 p.m.
Virginia has the inside track at earning themselves a share of the ACC title, as they sit just a game behind Syracuse in the conference standings with a home date against the Orange still looming and a much easier schedule that Syracuse will have to deal with. Maryland? Well, they’re on the outside of the bubble looking in, and picking up a road win against the likes of Virginia will do quite a bit to help them.
WHO’S GETTING UPSET?: No. 11 Iowa State at West Virginia, 7:00 p.m.
This is the best Iowa State team that we have seen in a long time, but the program is notorious for struggling to win games on the road. West Virginia has been one of the more surprising teams in the Big 12 this season, but if they want to have a real chance at earning an at-large bid to the tournament, these are the games that they are going to have to win.
THREE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) Miami has snuck up on people this season. They visit Florida State tonight in a game that the Seminoles can’t afford to lose.
2) Providence will pay a visit to Georgetown in the night’s biggest bubble battle.
3) Grambling is playing at home, meaning that they may have a shot to win their first game in nearly two years.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)