Feb 10, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
Sunday wasn’t the best day for the Creighton Bluejays. After falling to St. John’s at Madison Square Garden in a Big East loss, the team was stuck at private, regional Teterboro Airport in New Jersey waiting for their team plane to de-ice when someone with the Bluejays noticed that U2 lead singer Bono was also hanging out in the terminal.
Creighton ended up getting a picture with Bono at the airport and it comes courtesy of the Twitter of John Bishop, Creighton’s play-by-play announcer on the radio:
As CBS Sports’ Matt Norlander also pointed out, it was a great chance for Bluejays student manager John McKew to finish off a big-time day of selfies.
Why is McKew so angry and distant in his selfies? He’s doing some pretty cool things that most college students don’t get to do and he looks mad each time.
Either way, pretty cool for Creighton to meet a rock legend like Bono during a chance encounter at a small airport.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)