Feb 10, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
Sunday wasn’t the best day for the Creighton Bluejays. After falling to St. John’s at Madison Square Garden in a Big East loss, the team was stuck at private, regional Teterboro Airport in New Jersey waiting for their team plane to de-ice when someone with the Bluejays noticed that U2 lead singer Bono was also hanging out in the terminal.
Creighton ended up getting a picture with Bono at the airport and it comes courtesy of the Twitter of John Bishop, Creighton’s play-by-play announcer on the radio:
As CBS Sports’ Matt Norlander also pointed out, it was a great chance for Bluejays student manager John McKew to finish off a big-time day of selfies.
Why is McKew so angry and distant in his selfies? He’s doing some pretty cool things that most college students don’t get to do and he looks mad each time.
Either way, pretty cool for Creighton to meet a rock legend like Bono during a chance encounter at a small airport.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)