Feb 10, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
Sunday wasn’t the best day for the Creighton Bluejays. After falling to St. John’s at Madison Square Garden in a Big East loss, the team was stuck at private, regional Teterboro Airport in New Jersey waiting for their team plane to de-ice when someone with the Bluejays noticed that U2 lead singer Bono was also hanging out in the terminal.
Creighton ended up getting a picture with Bono at the airport and it comes courtesy of the Twitter of John Bishop, Creighton’s play-by-play announcer on the radio:
As CBS Sports’ Matt Norlander also pointed out, it was a great chance for Bluejays student manager John McKew to finish off a big-time day of selfies.
Why is McKew so angry and distant in his selfies? He’s doing some pretty cool things that most college students don’t get to do and he looks mad each time.
Either way, pretty cool for Creighton to meet a rock legend like Bono during a chance encounter at a small airport.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)