Feb 10, 2014, 4:58 PM EST
Sunday wasn’t the best day for the Creighton Bluejays. After falling to St. John’s at Madison Square Garden in a Big East loss, the team was stuck at private, regional Teterboro Airport in New Jersey waiting for their team plane to de-ice when someone with the Bluejays noticed that U2 lead singer Bono was also hanging out in the terminal.
Creighton ended up getting a picture with Bono at the airport and it comes courtesy of the Twitter of John Bishop, Creighton’s play-by-play announcer on the radio:
As CBS Sports’ Matt Norlander also pointed out, it was a great chance for Bluejays student manager John McKew to finish off a big-time day of selfies.
Why is McKew so angry and distant in his selfies? He’s doing some pretty cool things that most college students don’t get to do and he looks mad each time.
Either way, pretty cool for Creighton to meet a rock legend like Bono during a chance encounter at a small airport.
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 0
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)