Feb 10, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
Sunday wasn’t the best day for the Creighton Bluejays. After falling to St. John’s at Madison Square Garden in a Big East loss, the team was stuck at private, regional Teterboro Airport in New Jersey waiting for their team plane to de-ice when someone with the Bluejays noticed that U2 lead singer Bono was also hanging out in the terminal.
Creighton ended up getting a picture with Bono at the airport and it comes courtesy of the Twitter of John Bishop, Creighton’s play-by-play announcer on the radio:
As CBS Sports’ Matt Norlander also pointed out, it was a great chance for Bluejays student manager John McKew to finish off a big-time day of selfies.
Why is McKew so angry and distant in his selfies? He’s doing some pretty cool things that most college students don’t get to do and he looks mad each time.
Either way, pretty cool for Creighton to meet a rock legend like Bono during a chance encounter at a small airport.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)