Feb 10, 2014, 10:53 AM EST
Toledo has suspended Justin Drummond for Wednesday night’s game against Ohio after getting charged with DUI on Saturday night.
“Although I remain 100 percent supportive of Justin, our players are held to high standards and when they do not live up to those they face consequences,” head coach Ted Kowalcyzk said in a statement released by the school. “As a result, Justin will not play in Wednesday’s game vs. Ohio.”
Drummond is Toledo’s leading scorer at 14.6 points.
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)