Feb 11, 2014, 12:54 PM EDT
Wagner’s path to winning a second straight NEC title just got that much harder.
Jay Harris, who was averaging 14.5 points over the last four games, has been suspended for the rest of the season for what is reportedly being termed as a violation of school policy. This was a basketball infraction or a team rule he broke. It was a school rule.
“There are school rules and when you don’t follow them, these are the consequences,” head coach Bashir Mason told Cormac Gordon. “Jay understood the policies the school has in place.”
Wagner is 12-11 on the season and tied for third in the conference with a 6-4 record, but the Seahawks play five of their last six games at home. Harris led the team in three point shooting and was second in assists and steals.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)