Feb 11, 2014, 12:54 PM EDT
Wagner’s path to winning a second straight NEC title just got that much harder.
Jay Harris, who was averaging 14.5 points over the last four games, has been suspended for the rest of the season for what is reportedly being termed as a violation of school policy. This was a basketball infraction or a team rule he broke. It was a school rule.
“There are school rules and when you don’t follow them, these are the consequences,” head coach Bashir Mason told Cormac Gordon. “Jay understood the policies the school has in place.”
Wagner is 12-11 on the season and tied for third in the conference with a 6-4 record, but the Seahawks play five of their last six games at home. Harris led the team in three point shooting and was second in assists and steals.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)