Feb 11, 2014, 12:54 PM EDT
Wagner’s path to winning a second straight NEC title just got that much harder.
Jay Harris, who was averaging 14.5 points over the last four games, has been suspended for the rest of the season for what is reportedly being termed as a violation of school policy. This was a basketball infraction or a team rule he broke. It was a school rule.
“There are school rules and when you don’t follow them, these are the consequences,” head coach Bashir Mason told Cormac Gordon. “Jay understood the policies the school has in place.”
Wagner is 12-11 on the season and tied for third in the conference with a 6-4 record, but the Seahawks play five of their last six games at home. Harris led the team in three point shooting and was second in assists and steals.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)