Feb 11, 2014, 12:54 PM EDT
Wagner’s path to winning a second straight NEC title just got that much harder.
Jay Harris, who was averaging 14.5 points over the last four games, has been suspended for the rest of the season for what is reportedly being termed as a violation of school policy. This was a basketball infraction or a team rule he broke. It was a school rule.
“There are school rules and when you don’t follow them, these are the consequences,” head coach Bashir Mason told Cormac Gordon. “Jay understood the policies the school has in place.”
Wagner is 12-11 on the season and tied for third in the conference with a 6-4 record, but the Seahawks play five of their last six games at home. Harris led the team in three point shooting and was second in assists and steals.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)