Feb 11, 2014, 12:54 PM EDT
Wagner’s path to winning a second straight NEC title just got that much harder.
Jay Harris, who was averaging 14.5 points over the last four games, has been suspended for the rest of the season for what is reportedly being termed as a violation of school policy. This was a basketball infraction or a team rule he broke. It was a school rule.
“There are school rules and when you don’t follow them, these are the consequences,” head coach Bashir Mason told Cormac Gordon. “Jay understood the policies the school has in place.”
Wagner is 12-11 on the season and tied for third in the conference with a 6-4 record, but the Seahawks play five of their last six games at home. Harris led the team in three point shooting and was second in assists and steals.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)