Feb 11, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Trevor Releford scored 21 of his game-high 26 in the second half; the biggest shot coming in the final seconds to give Alabama a 67-64 win over Ole Miss, snapping the Crimson Tide’s four-game losing streak and delivering the Rebels a tough loss in the process.
Ole Miss still sit third in the SEC standings behind Florida and Kentucky. After its upcoming game against Georgia, Ole Miss has a difficult back-to-back against the Wildcats and Gators, though both of those are at home. The Rebels then get another crack agains the Crimson Tide, the finale of their three-game home stand.
The Rebels had just earned a win over Missouri this weekend, helping their case to be on the bubble. But a loss to Alabama, coupled with his lack of non-conference wins, is a real blow to their tournament hopes.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)