Feb 11, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Trevor Releford scored 21 of his game-high 26 in the second half; the biggest shot coming in the final seconds to give Alabama a 67-64 win over Ole Miss, snapping the Crimson Tide’s four-game losing streak and delivering the Rebels a tough loss in the process.
Ole Miss still sit third in the SEC standings behind Florida and Kentucky. After its upcoming game against Georgia, Ole Miss has a difficult back-to-back against the Wildcats and Gators, though both of those are at home. The Rebels then get another crack agains the Crimson Tide, the finale of their three-game home stand.
The Rebels had just earned a win over Missouri this weekend, helping their case to be on the bubble. But a loss to Alabama, coupled with his lack of non-conference wins, is a real blow to their tournament hopes.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)