Feb 11, 2014, 1:57 PM EDT
GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 15 Michigan at No. 22 Ohio State, 9:00 p.m.
This is one of the most intriguing matchups of the week. Michigan had been streaking but got knocked out of their rhythm when Tom Crean decided to use Yogi Ferrell to guard Nik Stauskas. Ohio State had lost five of six before winning at Iowa and Wisconsin in their last three games. That alone makes this a game to watch before you get to talking about the matchups. Ohio State might matchup better with Michigan than anyone else in the conference, and they have Aaron Craft to matchup with Stauskas.
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: Oklahoma State at No. 19 Texas, 7:00 p.m.
The Cowboys will take the floor for the first time without Marcus Smart. Will this group, who is down to just five players that were in their rotation at the start of the season, rally around each other without their leader? Will the distraction and the suspension bring them together? They’ve lost four in a row and five of their last six. They need this win badly.
WHO’S GETTING UPSET?: No. 3 Florida at Tennessee, 7:00 p.m.
Tennessee is desperate at this point. As of today, they’re probably right there on the NCAA tournament’s cut line. But adding another marquee victory certainly would not hurt their chances. This will be their last chance to get one before the SEC tournament begins.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) No. 4 Wichita State will put their perfect record on the line against Southern Illinois. The pressure hasn’t gotten to the Shockers yet.
2) As crazy as it may sound, Ole Miss is playing like a team that wants to go dancing. They’ll visit Alabama tonight in a game that they cannot afford to lose.
3) No. 5 San Diego State will pay a visit to Wyoming in tonight’s late game. The Cowboys are tough at home, and SDSU has their issues on the offensive end of the floor. Slow down Xavier Thames, and there’s a chance this ends up being an upset.
4) Marquette will make the trip to New Jersey to take on a Seton Hall team that has played much better over the last couple of weeks.
5) Xavier has struggled a bit in recent weeks, dropping to 6-4 in the Big East and putting themselves at risk of being on the wrong side of the bubble. They’ll visit Butler tonight, who always seems to give the Musketeers problems.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)