Feb 12, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
You think the Duke-North Carolina rivalry only gets heated when Coach K and Roy Williams are squaring off?
As is tradition, the UNC basketball managers hosted Duke’s basketball managers in a game the night before The Game, and Tuesday’s matchup nearly turned into a brawl.
According to Duke’s student newspaper, Duke freshman Drew Goldstein is the guy in the video taking an elbow to the face. The two teams came together, but luckily, no punches were thrown and they were able to get the game under control.
This is the second straight year that video from this game has gone viral. Last season, it ended with a buzzer-beater and a court-storm.
UNC would win 38-33.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)