Feb 12, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Michigan State AD Mark Hollis is the king of coming up with cool ideas for college basketball events, which includes playing basketball on aircraft carriers.
While that idea went south pretty quickly, his latest is about as good as it gets.
According to Andy Katz of ESPN.com, a four-team barnstorming event is going to take place in 2018 involving Florida, Texas, North Carolina and Michigan State that will take them through New York, Chicago and LA. How will it work? Glad you asked: the four teams will share a chartered jet and go on an eight-day tour across the country. They’ll play a round robin at the local NBA arenas — Madison Square Garden, United Center, Staples Center — with each locale getting a different matchup.
It’s proposed start date is Dec. 15th, 2018, which means that the event will happen after classes and before the holidays.
Sounds awesome, doesn’t it?
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)