Feb 12, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Michigan State AD Mark Hollis is the king of coming up with cool ideas for college basketball events, which includes playing basketball on aircraft carriers.
While that idea went south pretty quickly, his latest is about as good as it gets.
According to Andy Katz of ESPN.com, a four-team barnstorming event is going to take place in 2018 involving Florida, Texas, North Carolina and Michigan State that will take them through New York, Chicago and LA. How will it work? Glad you asked: the four teams will share a chartered jet and go on an eight-day tour across the country. They’ll play a round robin at the local NBA arenas — Madison Square Garden, United Center, Staples Center — with each locale getting a different matchup.
It’s proposed start date is Dec. 15th, 2018, which means that the event will happen after classes and before the holidays.
Sounds awesome, doesn’t it?
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)