Feb 12, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
Although the Tulsa Golden Hurricane have an overall record of 11-12, Danny Manning’s team is within striking distance in the Conference USA race. With a 6-3 mark in league play Tulsa trails Southern Miss and UTEP by two games, and they’re just a game in the loss column behind Louisiana Tech and Middle Tennessee.
Unfortunately for Tulsa they’ll play Thursday’s game against East Carolina without a valuable reserve, as it was reported by the Tulsa World that senior guard Patrick Swilling Jr. has been suspended “pending a university disciplinary investigation and hearing.”
Swilling is currently averaging 8.6 points in 22.6 minutes per contest this season after averaging 10.7 points per game as a junior. Swilling has missed the last three games due to an unspecified injury, with Tulsa winning two of those three contests (losing at Louisiana Tech).
As for when Swilling will return to the court, Manning doesn’t seem to expect his senior guard to be available for either of the Golden Hurricane’s home games this week.
On Twitter on Tuesday, Swilling reported that he had gotten some “bad news.” When asked on Tuesday about the Swilling tweet, Manning replied only that Swilling was considered “doubtful” for the next two Conference USA games – Thursday’s meeting with East Carolina and Saturday’s contest with Old Dominion, both to be played at the Reynolds Center.
Next week Tulsa begins a three-game road trip, with games at Florida Atlantic and FIU preceding a trip to El Paso to take on UTEP February 27.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Maryland transfer eligible this season at Georgia Tech (3)
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)