Feb 12, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
Although the Tulsa Golden Hurricane have an overall record of 11-12, Danny Manning’s team is within striking distance in the Conference USA race. With a 6-3 mark in league play Tulsa trails Southern Miss and UTEP by two games, and they’re just a game in the loss column behind Louisiana Tech and Middle Tennessee.
Unfortunately for Tulsa they’ll play Thursday’s game against East Carolina without a valuable reserve, as it was reported by the Tulsa World that senior guard Patrick Swilling Jr. has been suspended “pending a university disciplinary investigation and hearing.”
Swilling is currently averaging 8.6 points in 22.6 minutes per contest this season after averaging 10.7 points per game as a junior. Swilling has missed the last three games due to an unspecified injury, with Tulsa winning two of those three contests (losing at Louisiana Tech).
As for when Swilling will return to the court, Manning doesn’t seem to expect his senior guard to be available for either of the Golden Hurricane’s home games this week.
On Twitter on Tuesday, Swilling reported that he had gotten some “bad news.” When asked on Tuesday about the Swilling tweet, Manning replied only that Swilling was considered “doubtful” for the next two Conference USA games – Thursday’s meeting with East Carolina and Saturday’s contest with Old Dominion, both to be played at the Reynolds Center.
Next week Tulsa begins a three-game road trip, with games at Florida Atlantic and FIU preceding a trip to El Paso to take on UTEP February 27.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)