Feb 12, 2014, 6:56 PM EST
Although the Tulsa Golden Hurricane have an overall record of 11-12, Danny Manning’s team is within striking distance in the Conference USA race. With a 6-3 mark in league play Tulsa trails Southern Miss and UTEP by two games, and they’re just a game in the loss column behind Louisiana Tech and Middle Tennessee.
Unfortunately for Tulsa they’ll play Thursday’s game against East Carolina without a valuable reserve, as it was reported by the Tulsa World that senior guard Patrick Swilling Jr. has been suspended “pending a university disciplinary investigation and hearing.”
Swilling is currently averaging 8.6 points in 22.6 minutes per contest this season after averaging 10.7 points per game as a junior. Swilling has missed the last three games due to an unspecified injury, with Tulsa winning two of those three contests (losing at Louisiana Tech).
As for when Swilling will return to the court, Manning doesn’t seem to expect his senior guard to be available for either of the Golden Hurricane’s home games this week.
On Twitter on Tuesday, Swilling reported that he had gotten some “bad news.” When asked on Tuesday about the Swilling tweet, Manning replied only that Swilling was considered “doubtful” for the next two Conference USA games – Thursday’s meeting with East Carolina and Saturday’s contest with Old Dominion, both to be played at the Reynolds Center.
Next week Tulsa begins a three-game road trip, with games at Florida Atlantic and FIU preceding a trip to El Paso to take on UTEP February 27.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)